Sundown Audio

amp setup questions

out of curiousity, what do you have setup for your electrical set up? i also use t4s but have a pretty solid foundation for my amps. have you thought about it or were you letting the shop run that too?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

do you mean like just batterys or wiring, alternator, and all that? i was going to let the shop d that. they sad i would need twin alts and had a stinger kit, but its only 2 220 amp alternators.

and what does it mean when it says an alt is 220amps?

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Alpine Headunit

Infinnity Kappa 6.5" components powered by 250.2 kicker amp

Currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed:

3 18" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

3 Rockford Fosgate T40001bds

6 kinetiks batteries

dual 300 amp alternators from Iraggi

do you mean like just batterys or wiring, alternator, and all that? i was going to let the shop d that. they sad i would need twin alts and had a stinger kit, but its only 2 220 amp alternators.

and what does it mean when it says an alt is 220amps?

honestly, i wasnt able to open the link either that boon provided.

and yeah, i meant ALL that. i honestly wouldnt go with the stinger kit. much better options you could go with which would be cheaper. i think the stinger twin alternator kits are like $1500 for two alts, belts, and the bracket. and for only a total of 440amps?

yeah, it was dual 220amp alternators. are you saying i should go bigger? go with who? ill work on this then, i was quoted 1750 installed

but on a side note, is anyone able to help me? still looking for guidance on how to wire these three subs to 2 amps. someone said i should sell these and buy 3 similar amps to make it easier...

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Alpine Headunit

6 kinetiks batteries

look through this site, there are two awesome companies who partner with SMD to provide you with a much nicer, less mainstream, cheaper route. DC and Iraggi are awesome. ive played with both but personally use a twin alt brakcet from dc with dual 300amp alts from iraggi. i wasnt able to use the belt that came with the alts, it was about 9" too long but a quick trip to NAPA fixed that.

i dont kno if maybe you overlooked it but it was suggested you run 3 coils per amp.

Do you have the manual for the amp? That's what I was linking to, stupid thing seems to be broken. Page 12 I believe shows how to do it.

You connect the BD-sync cable between the amps, then connect amp 1's RCA out to amp 2's RCA in. Set the phase switch on amp 2 to 180 degrees.

Wire your subs up for whatever load seems suitable... I can't be bothered mathing it out right now sorry. You need a final load higher than 2 ohms, not sure if you can get an optimal load really. In fact I'm pretty sure you're screwed, oh well.

Then you wire amp 1 + to sub + and amp 2 + to sub -

Then you join amp 1 - to amp 2 - with a really short piece of 8 gauge and you're good to go.

Except you're probably not - the only kinda sensible load you can get is 1.5 ohms total which gives 0.75 ohms per amp and if you don't have some badass electrical support behind it 0.75 ohms/amp will probably let the magic smoke out.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Do you have the manual for the amp? That's what I was linking to, stupid thing seems to be broken. Page 12 I believe shows how to do it.

You connect the BD-sync cable between the amps, then connect amp 1's RCA out to amp 2's RCA in. Set the phase switch on amp 2 to 180 degrees.

Wire your subs up for whatever load seems suitable... I can't be bothered mathing it out right now sorry. You need a final load higher than 2 ohms, not sure if you can get an optimal load really. In fact I'm pretty sure you're screwed, oh well.

Then you wire amp 1 + to sub + and amp 2 + to sub -

Then you join amp 1 - to amp 2 - with a really short piece of 8 gauge and you're good to go.

Except you're probably not - the only kinda sensible load you can get is 1.5 ohms total which gives 0.75 ohms per amp and if you don't have some badass electrical support behind it 0.75 ohms/amp will probably let the magic smoke out.

ok, i tried wiring the way you stated, but i think i might have failed. or im not understanding it correctly. im sure youre busy so i do appreciate the help you gave.

what i have is a dual stinger alt kit with dual 220amp alternators. i have purchased a 300amp alternator from iraggi but thats probably going to be awhile before i get that. i have 4 xs power d3100 with a yellowtop under the hood. i was told by xs power that one d3100 per amp is good for daily use, but if i want to actually push the amps that i should have at least 2 d3100s per amp.

on a side note...would it be easier if i sold both t4000s and bought 6 hifonics bxi2010s? basically running 2 per sub...

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Alpine Headunit

6 kinetiks batteries

hmm, i love my rfs. was thinking of selling them but i dont know about selling them for hifonics. its kind of a downgrade. in power and reliability, not that those bxi2010s are bad. youre wanting about 4000watts per sub?