is this a battery or alternator problem???

bad window lift motors.

rear ones are new and they cause the most dimming. with the front its slight but with the rear its like having a system hit with no upgrades

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

im going to try a new starter batt see how that does. i need one anyway, had it tested at autozone the guy said its cold cranking amps are low i dont know if thats a huge factor it doesnt sound like it would be

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

window motors do require a little power, at least for me. Try rolling up or down all four and watch the voltage faaaalll. I had a sonata, upgraded alt, big 3, 3 new batteries, still had headlight dimming. Now I have a pathfinder, upgraded alt sitting at 15 volts, big 3, 3 batteries, and I still drop down to a solid 13 volts when rolling all of my windows up or down. I don't think it should be an issue.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

window motors do require a little power, at least for me. Try rolling up or down all four and watch the voltage faaaalll. I had a sonata, upgraded alt, big 3, 3 new batteries, still had headlight dimming. Now I have a pathfinder, upgraded alt sitting at 15 volts, big 3, 3 batteries, and I still drop down to a solid 13 volts when rolling all of my windows up or down. I don't think it should be an issue.

haha damn them things better be slicing off fingers then if there using that much power! thanks evrybody for the help

my girls ford does this. They kind of dim when you role them up and when they hit closed/seal up they dim to were it looks like a big bass notes dropped, but her car is all stock not even a new head unit.

yep thats how i tested it after i noticed it i rolled em all up n thought i saw dimming so just tapped "up" again and was like WTF!!!!

It might be that your connections on the window motors are corroded or bad. The newer motors would use more current, because they use more power, because they are newer. A good reason why they use a lot of power is because the power wires are small, so they don't go up fast. I know the ones in my truck are like 14 ga wire for a decent powered motor.. which is kinda small but they work so.. that's all that matters.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

yep thats how i tested it after i noticed it i rolled em all up n thought i saw dimming so just tapped "up" again and was like WTF!!!!

Mine did the same thing i got a new alt and did the big three plus threw in a new batt and i havent seen it do it since.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017