Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have been playing with Grandma's car (1996 Mercury Sable) built another box 3.8 cubes tuned a 35hz. Some testing. I have an Audiocontrol Epic160 its harder to hit always is 3 to 4 DBs lower than the TL. I wanted to show you didn't have to spend money on high price subs. I have 2 Kicker CVX 10s 600w each. First test on a Kicker 1000.1 at 2ohm 850w cost $350 - 139bd maybe a 141 or a 142 on the TL Second test on a Audiopipe 1500D at 1ohm 1500w cost $200 - 143bd maybe a 145 or a 146 on the TL All test were done on music so maybe a 150db peak on spl not bad for 2 10s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p20ym34Tgzk

Posted

what does the Audiocontrol Epic160 do? is that just a db meter?

The Project!!

dunkoholicavatar-copy3.gif

1954 Trunk Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102529-1954-chevy-belair-trunk-build/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily!!

dunkoholicavatardc.gif

Head Unit: Alpine 9883

Subwoofer: 2 12's DC Level 4 XL

Amplifier: New DC 3.5 K

Rear Center Console: 1 8' DD 1508

Amplifier: Rockford fosgate 500

Mids and Tweets: Beyma tweets

e36 Trunk/Subwoofer Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=27903

Posted

I have been playing with Grandma's car (1996 Mercury Sable) built another box 3.8 cubes tuned a 35hz. Some testing. I have an Audiocontrol Epic160 its harder to hit always is 3 to 4 DBs lower than the TL. I wanted to show you didn't have to spend money on high price subs. I have 2 Kicker CVX 10s 600w each. First test on a Kicker 1000.1 at 2ohm 850w cost $350 - 139bd maybe a 141 or a 142 on the TL Second test on a Audiopipe 1500D at 1ohm 1500w cost $200 - 143bd maybe a 145 or a 146 on the TL All test were done on music so maybe a 150db peak on spl not bad for 2 10s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p20ym34Tgzk

Audiocontrol reads lower then TL, that's weird, most of the time it's waay to high.

So i don't think you will hit 150db with 2 10's on 1500W.

Maybe a 145 if u are lucky.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted (edited)

double post FTL.(but 1 double post on 876 post is nothing :P)

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6203 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...