Fiberglass help

Okay my headliner broke and i am going to fiberglass the breaks so i wont be out a lot of money. Then i had the idea to go ahead and fiberglass THE WHOLE headliner board, sand, paint, and make it one of a kind.

My buddy said that i only have to fiberglass the breaks, i can just resin the rest.

SO my question should i fiberglass everything, or do i just put on some resin?

I think fiberglassing the whole thing will look better

Thoughts?!

Also if you know where to get fiberglass cheap let me know. I can get 8sq ft or 96x96 for 5.99 at my local auto shop and resin i got covered.

Resin it's self is not strong. You need to glass and resin if you want strength. Your best bet would be to do the whole thing with fglass and make it look good. Hell, you could custom mount a few tvs or speaker/tweets if you wanted.. possibilities are endless.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

headliners are a little more difficult to work with cuz they cant really get too heavy (unless you can bolt it directly to the roof). wastehog is right. if you want the whole thing to be structurally sound, you have to use both glass and resin. just resin would be adding unnecessary weight. but to be honest with you, your not really gonna be saving a whole lot of money. after you get through buying all the materials, glassing can be a pretty expensive way to go.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

headliners are a little more difficult to work with cuz they cant really get too heavy (unless you can bolt it directly to the roof). wastehog is right. if you want the whole thing to be structurally sound, you have to use both glass and resin. just resin would be adding unnecessary weight. but to be honest with you, your not really gonna be saving a whole lot of money. after you get through buying all the materials, glassing can be a pretty expensive way to go.

Well and new headliner board at the is going to run $250, the local junkyard have tons of jeeps but none that have a DECENT headliner. Also my buddy has 1 gallon of resin to give me, so that covered just got to get the fiberglass mat.

Resin it's self is not strong. You need to glass and resin if you want strength. Your best bet would be to do the whole thing with fglass and make it look good. Hell, you could custom mount a few tvs or speaker/tweets if you wanted.. possibilities are endless.

I have already thought about the tweets, also i have decided to fiberglass that whole thing and paint it. Have not seen something like that around here. I just have to figure out how to remove the seat belts.

I also have AT LEAST 2 weeks before this will be happening. So i have lots of time to plan.