Anyone using these? Heres the deal. I plan on running the stockers in the winter and they are 16s. cant do a big rotor since it wont fit under the stock wheels. I need more stopping power with the 24s though since this thing already stops like shit. I planned on doing the beefed up calipers. cross drilled and slotted rotors or some variation and some stainless lines. Hoping it will help some but I can't find any reviews on these things really. What I can find is 50/50 worth it or not.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.aspx?partid=518960

supposed to be a trip power caliper.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You could look into EBC for upgraded stock replacement. As to the caliper, I have no input. I have yet to use EBC but they seem pretty good. Next brake change I do, I'm going to look into them more. That's just an idea for pad/rotors.

Is your truck disc in all 4 corners or is it disc/drum?

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

its disc drum. Ive thought about just doing an upgraded pad and rotor but You know how it is stopping a full size chevy. This thing has to hit a wall to stop. I want the additional clamping power. Oh and they look cool poking out from behidn the wheels. If I do the tri force caliprs in this kit I can do rotors and brake lines for around 1500 or so. the baer kit is alot more than that for the whole package and I have to do it all in one shot. this i can piece together .

Wastehog. Eventually Ill have disc in the back as well depends on how this goes.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

its disc drum. Ive thought about just doing an upgraded pad and rotor but You know how it is stopping a full size chevy. This thing has to hit a wall to stop. I want the additional clamping power. Oh and they look cool poking out from behidn the wheels. If I do the tri force caliprs in this kit I can do rotors and brake lines for around 1500 or so. the baer kit is alot more than that for the whole package and I have to do it all in one shot. this i can piece together .

Wastehog. Eventually Ill have disc in the back as well depends on how this goes.

Haha, yeah they don't like to stop. Try working with one that has 25 year old technology.. its worse, lol. I was gonna suggest, maybe doing rear disc, which would help a little bit, but not as much as a big brake kit.

One option you have, which is a lot of work.. is run big brakes in the summer and stockers w/ upgrades in the winter, but then again, a lot of money and work to swap em' out every 6ish months.

Heres another idea.. Lets say later on you do get a big brake kit.. you could always invest in some cheapo 20"+ rims and ruin those in the winter..

Gotta love living in Northeastern United States.. we get the joys of all the snow and ice and salt.

yeah ive thought of all that. im pretty certain with these that if i decided to go big brakes I could just buy bigger rotors and the relocation brackets as these are the same calipers that would come in the big brake kit. Its just a grand on something I cant find shit for reviews on. Ive been sitting here with my check card on the desk and the cart pulled up all damn day too. lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

They seem promising.. Thanks to you now I'm looking for better brakes for my truck.. (dreaming) and I did a few searches and a few truck mags installed them, but never said anything about the real stopping upgrades. SSBC also carries a line of OE replacement sized, cross drilled and slotted rotors, which you can add to the kit for like $200. But, you can check out summit and pick up slotted and drilled rotors for like $55 a pop.. not too bad.

As for about upgrading to bigger rotors, try emailing SSBC and see what they say.. If you do invest in these, do a stock 60-0 test, and then upgraded. Like Steve did with his Wilwoods. Then you will be certain of how much performance you gained.

I SAY DO IIIIT!! lol Just think of the thrill you'll have dropping some dough on stopping power lol. :santa:

Edited by Wastehog

oh shit ordered. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I just realized how much money Ive spent recently. Its time to stop. 24s and brakes in a week. :ehh:

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I've got a set of helo 866 wheels that wil be here monday I'm on the crackberry so linking is out of the question right now the image as my avatar is a photoshop. Not sure when the brakes will get here says they will ship by july 1st. Not in too much of a hurry it will let my bank acct recuperate from my spending spree

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Are you getting the black w/ chrome center or the chrome w/ black center 866's? The black w/ chrome ones are sick as HELL!! Here they are since your on the crapberry...

Helo-866-Black-Custom-Wheels-Rims.jpg

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire