Sundown Audio

Amp Problem..

evermaxx

My first amp was a 4channel boss 800w amp, I had both channels bridged at 2ohms, each sub seeing 400wrms or something like that because it wasnt probably pushing nearly that much being a boss and that thing used to get so damn hot it was ridiculous. I think those amps just run hot.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Okay.. well how would you wire those then?

[/quote

On subs positive to negative negative to positive and then to the pos to pos and neg to neg then into amp. I think that will double then half. Use a DMM. Your subs probably aren't at 4 ohms. Maybe more maybe less. Mine go 3.8 per coil, to 1.8 series to .9 paralel(sp) It doesn't take much of a ohm resistance to make a difference. The lower the ohms the closer you are getting to a dead short. Check each coil. Run a wire to the other coil from the (+) to (+) and negative to negative. Then take the wire to the (+) on the first coil to the negative on the second coil, and the negative to positive. See what that reads. Amps will run all day at 1.3 up. That's why JL puts there subs there. When you see the numbers on the DMM set for ohm's you will know what I'm talking about. The electricity doesn't care how you wire the coils they will get the same load. It's summed on the entire load.

Don't get discouraged by people talking shit on your gear. Boss set the db level back in the day. Car audio is more know how and less what you spend. I just like having some tunes to cruise around with my old lady and going back to when I was young and didn't give a shit about anything. Keep bumpin. It's all about the enclosure.

Haha yeah.. I mean for me only being 15 and already having a system is good enough for me.. just was wondering why it was so damn hot.. but than again you get what you pay for. Before this I had eclipse amp pushed them so nice... damn beaners stole my shit. :[

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Haha yeah.. I mean for me only being 15 and already having a system is good enough for me.. just was wondering why it was so damn hot.. but than again you get what you pay for. Before this I had eclipse amp pushed them so nice... damn beaners stole my shit. :[

lol when u upgrade get a alarm lol and also when u get ur new system use 0 guauge wire and what gauge wire are u running right now ?

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

ame='thepolicerhere' date='12 June 2010 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1276384771' post='1107827']

Don't get discouraged by people talking shit on your gear. Boss set the db level back in the day. Car audio is more know how and less what you spend. I just like having some tunes to cruise around with my old lady and going back to when I was young and didn't give a shit about anything. Keep bumpin. It's all about the enclosure.

If that amp is still getting hot at 4 ohms you should just put it in a five gallon bucket of water. That's just not acceptable. Even for a low end amp.

If that amp is still getting hot at 4 ohms you should just put it in a five gallon bucket of water. That's just not acceptable. Even for a low end amp.

Im thinking of taking it back and getting something else.. because I was just outside and turned it on to see if my ipod was working right and it was on for about 15mins and it was pretty hot.. burnt me a lil.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Yeah I got an alarm already.. and right now im on 8g.. Yeah on the new system its going to be all 0/1 gauge

thats ur problem u need to upgrade ur wire to atleast 4 gauge cuz ur starving the amp of the power it needs to run nice

thats ur problem u need to upgrade ur wire to atleast 4 gauge cuz ur starving the amp of the power it needs to run nice

Alright.. might do this tomorrow then or when I get some cash. Well right now I have the amp turned down.. still bangin but turned down. Thanks for all the imput guys!

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Alright.. might do this tomorrow then or when I get some cash. Well right now I have the amp turned down.. still bangin but turned down. Thanks for all the imput guys!

ur welcome