Sonic Electronix

Ok guys I got a newer car, I used to drive a 97 malibu now i have an 08 pooniac vibe, nothing special but its a hatch should get loud. Yes I will be starting a build log soon lol. I want to get a little more out of my midbass. I was looking around the car and under the passenger seat there is some space where I could put an 8 inch sub in a small sealed box. My question is how should I run rca's to the amp(hifonics hifi200.1 2 channel.) I have the power bass equalizer, I was thinking either split off of the rear on the eq or just use the ouput on the 4 channel amp. Would that work or would it mess with everyhing while tuning around the eq? Also for midbass what should my settings look like on the amp? I was thinking the polk db 8 single voice coil 4ohm so i can run it off of one channel and be all set. any help would be great.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I have a pair of 8's between my subs and 6x9's. Mine have their own rca's out of the head unit and the signal is cut hp and lp.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

I have a pair of 8's between my subs and 6x9's. Mine have their own rca's out of the head unit and the signal is cut hp and lp.

I cant run rca's off my headunit. That would give me a 2v signal to midbass amp and 7v to everything else. Also what do you mean the signal is cut? as in you split the rca?

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

no one else can help me out?

Sorry, Tebo, I was trying to be too brief. I was just trying to say I have a high pass and a low pass filter on my 8's. They are in the rear area with 6x9's. It is obviously a different application than what you have in mind, so enough about me. We need to see what is the best way for you to get signal! I can't picture what the bass eq is and I don't know what running off the output of the 4 channel will do voltage-wise (does it send a regulated amount out, split the head unit's output, etc.), so I'll wait to see with you. Good luck

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

I have an mbquart 4 channel, it has full range output but i am not sure about the voltage, i dont think it should matter too much. I was talking to a buddy of mine and from what he told me is to just set the hpf and lpf and i should be good to go, also run the rcas from the full range out put from the 4 channel

only under the passenger seat? so all the drums and lower notes will all sound like they are on the right? i dont think thats going to sound very good lol.

but for your rca's... if you split anything you will loose left and right. if you can go from your HU it wont matter about 2v or 7v because thats what the gain is for.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I dont have space under the drivers seat, there is a huge metal bracket for some relay, i dont know what the hell it does. Still getting to know my new car. So you think i should just scrap that idea?

i do. look at an image dynamics comp set if you want more midbass.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Ive already got a set of cerwin vega comps, they are like a month old. I can't spend that kind of money right now. How ever today im going to peel n seal my rear doors around and behind the speaker, get rid of the little bit of rattle and hopefully make it better.