Sonic Electronix

Hi. Im started building an Enclousure for 2x B2 Audio ES8 (8").

And since the plywood is not that thick. Im gonna glue two plates upon each other to make them thicker. (ca 30mm thick)

But I got an problem, I cant get two identical plates. Any tips and trix you guys wanna share with me? It would be appriciated hihgly!

Sorry my horrible bad English

I bet B2 Audio aint familiar in the US. Here is some pics of my two small beast :P

CIMG2912.jpg

And my son like them too ;)

CIMG2908.jpg

I'm confused on what you mean by plates? and You should be using 3/4 inch MDF.. IDK what that translates to in where ever you live...

Hmmm, maby it sheets (?) Sorry my English is Screwd up ^^

3/4 inch is 20mm.

I have been talking to some expirenced enclousure builders here in Norway, and they say plywood is the way to go. Since is more stiff/dont flex so easy.

And I think 30mm plywood will be better then 20mm MDF. But Im not an expert. :P

And the local hardware stores dont sell untreated MDF. I must drive like 2 hours for getting some MDF :(

EDIT

This is what i meant by plates/sheets:

DSC02647.jpg

Edited by GENEXXA

3/4 inch is 20mm.

I have been talking to some expirenced enclousure builders here in Norway, and they say plywood is the way to go. Since is more stiff/dont flex so easy.

And the local hardware stores dont sell untreated MDF. I must drive like 2 hours for getting some MDF :(

EDIT

DSC02647.jpg

Don't use plywood. It is strong, but not good in this situation. The thinner MDF would be better than the 30cm thick plywood.

If you're worried about flexing, use bracing (wood or threaded rod) inside the box

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Don't use plywood. It is strong, but not good in this situation. The thinner MDF would be better than the 30cm thick plywood.

If you're worried about flexing, use bracing (wood or threaded rod) inside the box

Why not in this situation?

Does some one have an idè or tips to cut 2 identical sheets? Or must I go over with the router after I have essemblyed the enclousure?

3/4 inch is 20mm.

EDIT

DSC02647.jpg

Thats probably going to get really messy when you cut it and it won't have clean edges (it may chip/splinter.

It's not good in this situation because it is unfavorable for high powered car subwoofers. Some brands that make hi-fi home audio (was it Wharfedale?) used to sandwich MDF and plywood together because it made the best of the various densities and dampening properties of each type of wood so the two types benefited each other to make nice sounding speakers.

Also 3/4" is just over 19mm, but is sometimes made as 18mm, and plywood will also be slightly ugly unless you carpet it or something.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

The enclousure will get carpeted. So it wont be so ugly.

And when I cut it, it didnt splinter or something. Got clean edge's.

It's still generally weaker and not a good choice for subwoofers.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.