i have 10k hid's in truck and i was wondering if i just wanted to change to the 5k could i just buy the HID bulbs and use my current ballast? and the bulbs are gonna be from a different company....im thinking they will be the same fittings and will work fine. aslong as i do both and not just one.

What do you guys think? thanks

i have 10k hid's in truck and i was wondering if i just wanted to change to the 5k could i just buy the HID bulbs and use my current ballast? and the bulbs are gonna be from a different company....im thinking they will be the same fittings and will work fine. aslong as i do both and not just one.

What do you guys think? thanks

Yep, buy the HID bulbs and keep your current ballast.

alright thanks guys, yeah i would get them from ddm but i want them by this weekend. and this place V-LEDS.com has them for $50.78 insured+shipped (three day shipping) so its not bad at all.

got some switch back turn signals and the 10k dont quite match up, i need white HID's so they look all the same :pardon:

alright thanks guys, yeah i would get them from ddm but i want them by this weekend. and this place V-LEDS.com has them for $50.78 insured+shipped (three day shipping) so its not bad at all.

got some switch back turn signals and the 10k dont quite match up, i need white HID's so they look all the same :pardon:

Yep they'll work, but for optimum performance make sure the wattage of the ballasts match. ballasts usually come in 35w and 55w. (so do the bulbs)... it'll work even if they dont match up. igot 35w ballasts and 55w bulbs (on accident) and they stilll work great.

niceee truck man.. where did you get turn signals?? Edit: Are these it? http://autolumination.com/switchback.html ? I want these.. how do I know if it will fit, and which one do I get?..

and good luck with the bulbs, is all I can say :P

I have said this before, and still don't completely get it.. but one day, perhaps.. rofl..

I guess there are 2 different kinds, one that uses 3 connectors and one that just plugs into where your halogen bulbs did... so you might want to be careful on this and make sure to check and see if they are the same as what you currently have.

Edited by somerandomguy

niceee truck man.. where did you get turn signals?? Edit: Are these it? http://autolumination.com/switchback.html ? I want these.. how do I know if it will fit, and which one do I get?..

and good luck with the bulbs, is all I can say :P

I have said this before, and still don't completely get it.. but one day, perhaps.. rofl..

I guess there are 2 different kinds, one that uses 3 connectors and one that just plugs into where your halogen bulbs did... so you might want to be careful on this and make sure to check and see if they are the same as what you currently have.

yeah those are the same bulbs, you just find what bulb you replacing and it should be a perfect match. only thing is that it makes your turn signal flicker fast, unless u get some little resistor things. witch i dont really wanna mess with.

im thinking it will be the same, but we'll see they should be in by thursday or friday at the latest

Yep they'll work, but for optimum performance make sure the wattage of the ballasts match. ballasts usually come in 35w and 55w. (so do the bulbs)... it'll work even if they dont match up. igot 35w ballasts and 55w bulbs (on accident) and they stilll work great.

i have never seen 35 watt bulbs and 55 watt bulbs. only ballasts. a 6000k 35w system will look like 8000k on a 55w system. the higher watt ballast washes out the color.

courtesy of DDMTuning

"55w kits tend to wash out some of the color of the HID bulb due to the light output (for example, a 55w 8000k will look similar in color to a 35w 6000k kit)."

hid-bulb-color-guide.jpg

Edited by Kranny