Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

i love HFis. i had 3. cardiscountstereos.com had em for $20 a peice back in the day, if they were still priced like that i would buy the shit out of them.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Posted

i love HFis. i had 3. cardiscountstereos.com had em for $20 a peice back in the day, if they were still priced like that i would buy the shit out of them.

Yeah, you can get lucky sometimes and come across them for 30ish.

I bought 4 at the time to have spares, at this very moment I'm sketching up a box to throw all four of them in the ranger, I dont need spares, I need BASS! lol

Posted

Yeah, you can get lucky sometimes and come across them for 30ish.

I bought 4 at the time to have spares, at this very moment I'm sketching up a box to throw all four of them in the ranger, I dont need spares, I need BASS! lol

I had 4 of mine in a sealed 5 cu ft box....until I saw this Steve Meade guy and the Hoopty! If you have room in the Ranger, port them and you will not be disappointed. I just temporarily covered/closed my ports for testing and they do sound good sealed, too!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

I had 4 of mine in a sealed 5 cu ft box....until I saw this Steve Meade guy and the Hoopty! If you have room in the Ranger, port them and you will not be disappointed. I just temporarily covered/closed my ports for testing and they do sound good sealed, too!

Yeah, Steve Meade is literally the reason I started going bigger and bigger. xD

I was wondering how well they shine ported, my buddy has 4 12" in his extended cab, I have a little less room to play with than he does because of my seats not being stock. But I think I can do it.

If I go with four thats gonna stretch my amp, I'll have to run it 4 channel and thats just unacceptable, now power here we come.

Right now both of them @ 2ohms is pretty good, It's pulling alot of power, but I never see much below 11v. But I'm wanting to go bigger with the charging system anyway.

They do have a great sound sealed, they have a tight punch lol

Weight and such isn't really an issue to me, the 302 does work, so I dont mind being a little heavier.

Posted

4 will be tight but if you can get them in ported properly I say go for it then when you have the monies a bigger amp

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Posted

4 will be tight but if you can get them in ported properly I say go for it then when you have the monies a bigger amp

Yeah, this amp actually pushes almost its rated power. Old school Legacy isn't so bad.

They would be getting decent power running 4 channel, but a bigger amp would definitely be a must later on.

I could push all 4 at 2 ohms, or wire each pair down to one provided I find an amp that will agree with that. :-O

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6203 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...