Okay you guys i have decided that i want to get a alarm on my car

I dont want a remote start as i know i will never use it so a car alarm with key-less entry is what i am aiming for. My buddy told me to pick up the

Viper 350HV He said that they are simple yet effective for what i want which is to keed someone from getting in.

So i was wanting to know have you guys used this one and do you recommend it. I am going to be installing this myself so any tips are welcome.

What are some things that will make wiring this easy. My buddy told me if i used t taps he will shoot me so thats not a option and i really dont WANT to solder but if i have to i will Thanks

Okay you guys i have decided that i want to get a alarm on my car

I dont want a remote start as i know i will never use it so a car alarm with key-less entry is what i am aiming for. My buddy told me to pick up the

Viper 350HV He said that they are simple yet effective for what i want which is to keed someone from getting in.

So i was wanting to know have you guys used this one and do you recommend it.

I am going to be installing this myself so any tips are welcome.

What are some things that will make wiring this easy. My buddy told me it i use t taps he will shoot me so thats no a option and i really dont WANT to solder but if i have to i will

Thanks

T-taps can be used on small wire. Other wise the easiest way to splice in wire is to strip about 1/2 an inch of wire, poke a pick through it and wiggle the pick then poke your alarm wire through(after you strip about an inch of it) and wrap it tightly then cover with good tape, not the cheap dollar store crap. Read the install guide a bunch of times and if you want i can email you a copy of your cars wiring diagram from directechs other wise check 12volt.com for it(12volt honestly has the same guide for it).

As for soldering. Your going to hear it from both sides. Either way works. I soldered my ign wires only because i kinda cut one of them in half and didn't trust the 'strip-poke-twist-tape' method with it.

I've assisted in a Viper 5101 remote start and a Viper 5701 alarm install and I've solo installed a 5101 and just finished the alarm/remote start part of my 5701 for my truck. When i got the 5701 and 5101 for my car and blazer last christmas. It was overwhelming at first, with all the wires and where they went, what wires to keep, what wires to pull. But after sitting down, reading the install guide until i had it damn near memorized and taking my time. It was friggn simple to do. Oh and the programing, memorize the sequence to make it a bit easier(IE, turn the ign on and off, press and hold the valet button in tell it blinks once and the siren/horn honks, keep holding tell your at the menu you want then release, press and hold the valet button in tell your at the sub menu and hold the button when your at the sub menu you want, keep holding it and toggle selections by pressing the valet button, vipers way of doing it :P ) That's about all that a fellow noob installer has for ya, best of luck and make sure you cut your starter wire last. :)

T-taps can be used on small wire. Other wise the easiest way to splice in wire is to strip about 1/2 an inch of wire, poke a pick through it and wiggle the pick then poke your alarm wire through(after you strip about an inch of it) and wrap it tightly then cover with good tape, not the cheap dollar store crap. Read the install guide a bunch of times and if you want i can email you a copy of your cars wiring diagram from directechs other wise check 12volt.com for it(12volt honestly has the same guide for it).

As for soldering. Your going to hear it from both sides. Either way works. I soldered my ign wires only because i kinda cut one of them in half and didn't trust the 'strip-poke-twist-tape' method with it.

I've assisted in a Viper 5101 remote start and a Viper 5701 alarm install and I've solo installed a 5101 and just finished the alarm/remote start part of my 5701 for my truck. When i got the 5701 and 5101 for my car and blazer last christmas. It was overwhelming at first, with all the wires and where they went, what wires to keep, what wires to pull. But after sitting down, reading the install guide until i had it damn near memorized and taking my time. It was friggn simple to do. Oh and the programing, memorize the sequence to make it a bit easier(IE, turn the ign on and off, press and hold the valet button in tell it blinks once and the siren/horn honks, keep holding tell your at the menu you want then release, press and hold the valet button in tell your at the sub menu and hold the button when your at the sub menu you want, keep holding it and toggle selections by pressing the valet button, vipers way of doing it :P ) That's about all that a fellow noob installer has for ya, best of luck and make sure you cut your starter wire last. :)

Well i am looking at a basic alarm and key-less entry. So i was told it would be a lot less wires and not that much hassle.

DONT u t-taps. splice into the wire. ( strip wire back poke through and feed 2nd wire through the hole u poked in wire 1 then wrap wire 2 around wire 1. then solder EVERY connection then wrap in tape. heat shrink on every connection is a good extra step. i install for a living. just tellin ya how i go about it

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Well i am looking at a basic alarm and key-less entry. So i was told it would be a lot less wires and not that much hassle.

Took at look at the install guide, and ya its has a lot less wires, but it still applies, even the programing :)

Ohh if your going to use the on board shock sensor. make sure where you mount it, that it will set off the alarm when you give all the windows a good smack. Before you cut the wires to size. Other wise you could end up having to play with how you mounted it with less then an inch of play in the wires. I really think ima have to get an external sensor. :P

Took at look at the install guide, and ya its has a lot less wires, but it still applies, even the programing :)

Ohh if your going to use the on board shock sensor. make sure where you mount it, that it will set off the alarm when you give all the windows a good smack. Before you cut the wires to size. Other wise you could end up having to play with how you mounted it with less then an inch of play in the wires. I really think ima have to get an external sensor. :P

Thats one thing that i noticed was that it had a internal shock sensor. I was like shit, that mean i have to mount it somewhere good. Preferably metal. Also my buddy done told me to hook everything up. Program and test THEN tuck everything away.

after I solder and tape, I like to put a wire tie around the tape and wire. It helps me sleep at night.

Yea well the wiring is not something i am worried about. I have messed with tons of wires. One thing i am uneasy of is the programming. My buddy said it should work right out of the box with the default settings.

if you can wire the alarm, you can program it. Just make sure you have some peace and quiet to concenetrate. I assume you dont have access to a bitwriter to program, you will be counting the chirps? In default mode, your door will lock 10 after the ignition is turned on, increasing the odds of locking yourself out. I would turn the auto locking off and also the Nuisance Prevention Circuit or NPC.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

if you can wire the alarm, you can program it. Just make sure you have some peace and quiet to concenetrate. I assume you dont have access to a bitwriter to program, you will be counting the chirps? In default mode, your door will lock 10 after the ignition is turned on, increasing the odds of locking yourself out. I would turn the auto locking off and also the Nuisance Prevention Circuit or NPC.

Yea i will be listening to teh chirps

Archived