Jay's Burb (4thorder Build), New Subs Coming Soon!!!!

No whining bish.

You only got 10lbs on me and i crammed myself inside the hummer box.

So since its nighttime, its cool outside, so get yo azz back to werk

Lookin great btw

Wall looks stout

Ill be waiting

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

The fumes must be powerful!

Good to see it sealed in and braced! This thing just looks business. :clapping:

The fumes were not to bad.. I just needed to get her sealed up and braced.. Hope the business she does is nasty...

i wanna HEAR IT when its done <_<

I wish I could demo for all of my SMD family..

looks very nice man :popcorn:

Thanks man.

No whining bish.

You only got 10lbs on me and i crammed myself inside the hummer box.

So since its nighttime, its cool outside, so get yo azz back to werk

Lookin great btw

Wall looks stout

Ill be waiting

Thanks alot Ray.. I know your giving me shit, but your imput means alot.. Hope I dont disappoint when I get her done..

Jay :drinks:

Looking good man real good!!! I'm not the biggest fan of 2x4 bracing but holy shit that looks strong lol!!! Leave it to jay to prove me wrong when I say I didn't use to like 2x4 bracing haha!!! Looks freaking awesome bro can't wait to see her make some noise!!!!

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

I'm still here too.

Been on vacation and not had much time for SMD.

Edit:

The baffles look absolutely gorgeous bro. Wish I had router skills .

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Looking good man real good!!! I'm not the biggest fan of 2x4 bracing but holy shit that looks strong lol!!! Leave it to jay to prove me wrong when I say I didn't use to like 2x4 bracing haha!!! Looks freaking awesome bro can't wait to see her make some noise!!!!

Thanks alot bro.. I know the wood bracing is not by choice either.. I would llike to be using metal allthread and some angle iron in there,but with the wife out of work got to use whats at hand.. She is hell of strong on bracing though..

I'm still here too.

Been on vacation and not had much time for SMD.

Edit:

The baffles look absolutely gorgeous bro. Wish I had router skills .

Thanks Dustin.. As long as you had fun on your vacation bro..

Subscribed! The wood bracing looks fine to me, short sections of 2x4 ain't gonna compress or bend any more than threaded rod or angle iron, the only disadvantage is you give up a little bit more space.

Exactly right. All thread will flex more half the time because people don't use it right anyway. The 2x4s work fine especially in a sealed box for fourth order (since turbulences are not really as important like they are with a 6th order).

Good work Jay! You may come to find that with the older suburbans your port area may be abnormally low at the loading wall to pressurize such a non ridged vehicle. Something to keep in mind. Unless you plan on welding the roof like Blake and making other enforcements throughout the vehicle.

Subscribed! The wood bracing looks fine to me, short sections of 2x4 ain't gonna compress or bend any more than threaded rod or angle iron, the only disadvantage is you give up a little bit more space.

Thanks alot for subscribing to my build.. :yahoo:

Jay

Exactly right. All thread will flex more half the time because people don't use it right anyway. The 2x4s work fine especially in a sealed box for fourth order (since turbulences are not really as important like they are with a 6th order).

Good work Jay! You may come to find that with the older suburbans your port area may be abnormally low at the loading wall to pressurize such a non ridged vehicle. Something to keep in mind. Unless you plan on welding the roof like Blake and making other enforcements throughout the vehicle.

Thanks alot Mike.. Its your fault for me building this thing..:lol: Could not see this beast going to waste... As for the port area, I know it will be over the seat but what would be the best thing to do for it? I was just concerned about the 2 front subs close to the port opening with unloading issues..

Well I went and put the 6 subs I have at the moment in just to get a Idea of what shes going to look like.. I must say. DAM!!!:woot:

Photo0162.jpg

thats gonna be freaking sick when finished

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Archived