Second Skin Audio

front fire or rear?

Wilson

I'm building my first tuned box in the morning. I have all the specs and I thought I was ready until I began debating the front or rear firing question.

I have four low power 10's in the back of a Camry stationwagon. The box is 26" deep. The box won't be super-tight in the back, air could flow from the back. I don't have much time to ponder this, but imo I'll go with front firing subs and port. What do you guys think I should do?

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

go front fire, then flip the box around to fire at the rear and see what you like. ill bet that it'll sound better firing back.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Test it and see what you like.

That wasn't what I wanted to hear, but I know it's the most sure fire way. Thanks for the dose of reality!

I thought that being a wagon, maybe there was some rule of thumb that usually works for that type of vehicle.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

You won't like it til you try it. And welcome to the SPL world.... where u get to test....and test...and oh wait test again... fun times man.. fun times lol

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Archived