Second Skin Audio

12.5 cu ft for ???

Wilson

OK folks, I've been looking around alot the last few days for possible upgrades I can do this fall, when my ship comes in. Having owned only one multi-KW system, I wanted to ask some others what they might do. For power, I'm thinking of 4-5kw in RF amps or 5-6 kw by some other brand. My Camry wagon has about 12.5 ft^3 for a box/port. I've considered 4-15's but fear I may be a little short on box size. 2-18's won't fit the front of the box I'd be able to make. I also wonder if four 1000 watt subs will even be able to hold on. I've been down that road where you push subs to the max all the time and have to have to return them all the time.

What would you choose for subs (size,qty, maybe brands if we're allowed to discuss such a thing)?

Do you think this type of set up would be able to hit around 148-155db range? Alot more? Alot less?

I'll thank you in advance for giving more things to read up on and for sharing knowledge and experience that I don't have.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

OK folks, I've been looking around alot the last few days for possible upgrades I can do this fall, when my ship comes in. Having owned only one multi-KW system, I wanted to ask some others what they might do. For power, I'm thinking of 4-5kw in RF amps or 5-6 kw by some other brand. My Camry wagon has about 12.5 ft^3 for a box/port. I've considered 4-15's but fear I may be a little short on box size. 2-18's won't fit the front of the box I'd be able to make. I also wonder if four 1000 watt subs will even be able to hold on. I've been down that road where you push subs to the max all the time and have to have to return them all the time.

What would you choose for subs (size,qty, maybe brands if we're allowed to discuss such a thing)?

Do you think this type of set up would be able to hit around 148-155db range? Alot more? Alot less?

I'll thank you in advance for giving more things to read up on and for sharing knowledge and experience that I don't have.

Before answering this what the fuck does a camry wagon look like never seen one.

steven.jpg

4 12in dc xls on 6k would get pretty loud and be in that range of db'z i would assume 150's

Sounds good. I'll check out those subs (again). I just wanted to make sure my dreams weren't in left field.

As far as the looks of a Camry wagon goes, you'll just have to google it or something. I just recently got the '90 wagon. It was well maintained and only had 97,000 miles on it.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

Archived