DC Sound Lab

how long could a level 5 spl take 4k

guys its probably not even a real 4k amp its probably a boss or PA amp

crescendo 3k puts out 4030 rms at .5 ohms. some kid tried to trade me a pa4k but i said no.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

crescendo 3k puts out 4030 rms at .5 ohms. some kid tried to trade me a pa4k but i said no.

i will be ordering the crescendo very soon, so whats the problem

TEAM DC

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

i will be ordering the crescendo very soon, so whats the problem

So in addition to not knowing how to use an o-scope to make sure you don't clip your amp and burn out your sub on 4000 watts, you will be running the amp at 0.5ohms. How is the electrical on your car? You need to be able to support that amp at that impedence. You have be be VERY careful with your voltage so it doesn't drop and smoke the powersupply in your amp.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

just make sure you have a good electrical to back up that .5 ohm load and get an o-scope to set the gains so you KNOW you wont be clipping.

loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said:

on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind

JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said:

Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.

So in addition to not knowing how to use an o-scope to make sure you don't clip your amp and burn out your sub on 4000 watts, you will be running the amp at 0.5ohms. How is the electrical on your car? You need to be able to support that amp at that impedence. You have be be VERY careful with your voltage so it doesn't drop and smoke the powersupply in your amp.

i know i know. im going to get extra batts and a HO alt for sure. i watched a couple of steve meades videos on how to use an o-scope, so i kinda get it now. is there anywhere you can rent an oscope? i dont want to spend a few hundred dollars on something i will use not very often.

TEAM DC

I smell fail and burned electronics in the future

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

:lol:
loganberry, on 17 October 2009 - 11:39 PM, said:

on the lows it sounds like a 90 year old vagina flapping in the wind

JayP, on 10 June 2010 - 4:53 AM, said:

Your truck looks like a prostitute gave the car a blow job with starburst in it's mouth.

i know i know. im going to get extra batts and a HO alt for sure. i watched a couple of steve meades videos on how to use an o-scope, so i kinda get it now. is there anywhere you can rent an oscope? i dont want to spend a few hundred dollars on something i will use not very often.

To be honest, I've never tried to rent one, but it could be a possibility. You could check your local equipment rental places, if they don't have them you can ask them if they know of any electronics equipment rental places.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png