Sonic Electronix

$**t almost caught on fire! f***ing confused~!!!!

i was planning on using 8 gauge but the terminals on the subs are too small and it was a bitch to try to get that wire in.. and no its not a threaded connection. and maybe the wire loose too cuz i left the wire long (from the nut to terminal) so it has some slack so the wire doesnt comeout again and make it do 1 coil again LOL

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

You could do dirrect leads through the port if you want from sub straight to amp

how? i would either have to connect em somehow.. i could do that if i had 1 sub lol but i need to wire them together so they need to touch atleast once.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

how? i would either have to connect em somehow.. i could do that if i had 1 sub lol but i need to wire them together so they need to touch atleast once.

A yellow butt connector since you dont want to solder. Really the wire nut should have been fine IF all 3 wires were making good contact with each other. what about the other wire nut on the other sub?

Current

Ford F350

Alpine IVA-W505

2x Diamond s600

1x Diamond S400

2x RF T1500-1BD

1x RF T600-4

2x AA Havoc 12"

DC Power 230XP

1/0 throughout

Up Next

95 2dr Tahoe

Head Unit= Alpine IVA-W505

Components= 2 Diamond S400, 2 Diamond S500, 2 Diamond S600

Woofers= 2 10" Diamond Hex, 2 12" Diamond D9

Amps= 3 RF T1000-4

Processor= 2 RF 3sixty.2

Subs= 4 18" AA Mayhem

Amps 4 RF T2500-1 BDCP

7 XS Power D3100

3 DC Power 270+

this nut wire was for both subs. pos. the other one is perfectly fine.. i have a pic of what the wires look like that i just took when i took off the nut.

1j1450.png

Friends don't let friends use wire nuts!!!!!

No they don't!

what else am i supposed to use?

Ither solder the two wires directly together and the heat shrink or use crimp ocnnectors and solder them...

i really dont wanna soldier..

It is not scary... It is alot safer than burning to death in your car...

You can connect them all together with a yellow buttconnector and then you can use electrical tape to secure them.. There is more reasons then 1 why your wire is lookin all toast, but you won't know, I have ran straight bolts for over 2 years and never had a problem but it could be a few different things lol...

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

well heres a pic of the wires.. look burnt..

IMG_0377.jpg

so confused whyd the pos do it but not the neg? maybe a loose wire? i would try to redo it but im pretty scared to burn down my car.

1j1450.png

i guess im lucky it didnt kill my subs?

1j1450.png

something arced in there

no idea what would cause it though

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

whats arced mean lol

1j1450.png

Archived