I'm at 5600 clean watts in my room.

5600 peak watts of pure dynamically calculated sony xplod powahh?

Ha sorry to sound like an ass, but the wattage ratings of a lot of mainstream products can be advertised as very inaccurate, inflated guesses as to what the power output might be for a split second. RMS/continuous power is a much more accurate number to rely on, and is usually backed up by tests on the particular product. 5600 watts seems like a pretty big number for a room setup, but then again, i've been wrong before.

From the sounds of it you've picked up a lot of mismatched stuff, which is cool, but mismatched components usually don't work well together as a whole. my advice is to sell some of your products and save up so you can build up the system of your dreams. try some DIY projects as well. buy car speakers and build your own enclosures for them, etc.

I admire the fact that you're so into audio at such a young age, and am quite jealous of all the stuff you have already. I wish i had that much when i was 15. I encourage you to keep an open mind and to do plenty of research. this forum is a great tool for learning. just about every question i've had has been answered here.

good luck, and enjoy the addiction that is audio.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

5600 watts.......................................................

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

but mismatched components usually don't work well together as a whole.

I've got a kenwood dB series 10" in a Velodyne self amp'ed box :D and they love each other very much lol

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

If i ain't learning, I ain't living.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

I'm broke and i don't want my son deaf before he's 2 haha

the kid got SONY......from mom and dad?

that makes his PARENTS home system....not his

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

My room system is 2 8 inch subs in some type of fancy box, like a bandpass or 4th order, I don't know what it is, its crazy. It's running off some serious power, big heat sink on back. Shakes EVERYTHING in our two story house. My window in my room shakes lol. Mids and highs are: 2 large 2 way book shelf speakers with 10 inch woofers/tweeters(technics) and 2 3 way floor standing speakers, 10 inch woofers, midrange and tweeters(fischer). Those 4 speakers run off a 75x4 rms amp hooked up to a luxman receiver. Pretty loud setup, no car audio, all home theater stuff. I got the sub setup from a moving neighbor, he said he paid $900 for, I trashed picked the amp and receiver. I got both sets of speakers at goodwill.

People in my area don't want home audio anymore, they throw it out, give it away, or sell it cheap. That's why I don't have any car audio in my room lol.

this thing gets loud as hell, the bass of the JL w7 is clean too. i also have speakers in the back wall.

dscn2603j.jpg

By mres3 at 2011-05-31

nice, lol looks like your like me with leaving the protective plastic on tvs/monitors/etc. ive had my computer monitor a little over 4 months now still haven't removed the plastic. sadly it needs to be replaced though, there are a line a dead pixels threw it.. good thing i have a 3 years warranty and a ext warranty on top of that..

oh and here is a pic of my corner.

IMAG0231.jpg

here is the sub build log...RIGHT HERE still unfinished dont know what i want to do with it...

i have a technical pro lz-4100 pushing it. should be big enough to push 2 in parallel bridged, thats my goal. build a twin.

and a yamaha HTR-5650 running the speakers.

Archived