Sonic Electronix

Absolute cheapest setup, can it be under 180?

ha. i have xplods in my trunk

im not endorsing xplods in anyway tho.

mine hit just fine tho

haha well thats basically what im looking for. Just to have some bass. Nothing fancy. Its an older beat up car, with clarion pieces. I feel bad spending money on it.

btw guys this is the amp kit I plan to use. This will be enough right? Is the 50 amp fuse enough? I just dont want my car exploding.

Also will it be okay to use the 16g speaker wire with it? I plan on only normal listening levels and the occasional higher volume.

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Complete-Car-Amplifier-Installation-kit/DB-LINK-8-GAUGE-CAR-AMPLIFIER-INSTALLATION-KIT-AMPRCA/XK8B1.aspx

Edited by Moofs

Dude, I'd get the first setup you mentioned with the RE, after all it's cheap enough to be budget friendly and you'll enjoy it. The sony would be nothing but disappointment, IMO. If your mom has a problem then tell her it's something that can go from car to car so you can keep it for quite a while. plus she probably spends that much a month on shoes and clothes, lol.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

btw guys this is the amp kit I plan to use. This will be enough right? Is the 50 amp fuse enough? I just dont want my car exploding.

Also will it be okay to use the 16g speaker wire with it? I plan on only normal listening levels and the occasional higher volume.

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Complete-Car-Amplifier-Installation-kit/DB-LINK-8-GAUGE-CAR-AMPLIFIER-INSTALLATION-KIT-AMPRCA/XK8B1.aspx

It'll be fine, it isn't an spl setup, and you won't be doing hair-tricks in the parking lot, it'll probably draw like 20 amps at peak.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want