Sonic Electronix

i will do what they say.

i just want to know why im doing what im doing.

im trying to learn so i dont have to come back here and ask more questions.

people leaving comments like yours, need to not comment. waste of time telling me how i should listen to people instead of just telling me what i could do to improve my system

say all means brother a wise man told me once "your never know everything there are always that one guy who knows more" TRUE by far and good luck to you on this board for anymore help :noob:

theyre sayin youre blowin subs partly to the gain and bass boost on your amps, its kinda a instakill to them

i know that now, thank you

i was asking about what its tuned 2 since all 4 slot ports connect to one 5"x5"x17.5" square port.

i know that each slot port is tuned for 46hz but does the square port change that?

you can see what im talking about if you look at the pics a few pages back.

say all means brother a wise man told me once "your never know everything there are always that one guy who knows more" TRUE by far and good luck to you on this board for anymore help :noob:

wtf? im not saying i know a lot. in fact im saying i dont know much at all about this stuff.

thats why i ask questions. im trying to learn man.

i dont wanna come here to ask questions everytime, if i just "do what they say".

thats like someone supposedly "helping" you but they just tell you the answer without explaining anything

wtf? im not saying i know a lot. in fact im saying i dont know much at all about this stuff.

thats why i ask questions. im trying to learn man.

i dont wanna come here to ask questions everytime, if i just "do what they say".

thats like someone supposedly "helping" you but they just tell you the answer without explaining anything

Quit acting like a jackass and being short with people who are trying to help you, and no your amp does not put out near as much as you think it does, you said the max power was like 5000 or 5500, well mathematically Rms wattage is half that, so at most your giving them about 2750, but more than likely the amp is not putting out even 2000 watts, cheap companies lie their asses off to sell to noobs, so they'll tell you want you want to here so you'll buy from them, that's why higher end products display only the true Rms ... also, if you go to rockfordfosgate.com and click on the tab labeled "support" it will show you wiring diagrams, ( which, by the pic you put up of your wiring , it looked like you have a 2 ch. amp, so in that case you do have them wired at 2Ohms each) and box calculators, Best website ever <----use that website for just about everything, and don't be rude when someone on here tells you good luck, also there is a program, it's kinda a pain in the ass though, ( WinISD) that you can Google and download, it shows you how your subs will work in a certain box at a certain frequency, the only thing I don't like is that the database on the program has old shit, so you need most of the specs of your sub to put in their database, and it can be hard to find the specs of your sub..... this will explain WHY you need your boxed tuned lower for it to sound decent, your subs tuned at what you say they are probably don't pick up low frequencies that good at all, so to make up for that you're turning your gain up and your bass boost, which can damage your subs by causing them to clip, it explains it in that hyperlink I put on her labeled Best website ever ... if your boxed was tuned lower you would be able to hear and feel the full sound spectrum more clearly instead of a spike around 50 hz than rounded off towards 100 hz.... to explain why your amp is hot ... ( it's cheap) pretty much , also by getting air to it that guy meant do you have a fan cooling it and does it have plenty of space around it... as I said before... that website is very good, of course you don't need half the stuff on there, but if you read the sections that apply to you I think it will help with a lot of your questions, I have it bookmarked in case I need to look at it real quick, cause it's like a car audio encyclopedia, I hope I help, Please don't tell me I didn't explain nothing or that I'm wasting your time, because I did this to help YOU, I spent like 15 min. on this for your benefit, so like previously said, Good luck to you, and BTW Your enclosure does look bad ass, If you can easily take the top of I think it would be a great idea to shorten your ports and increasing the volume by cutting about 3 possibly more inches off the beginning of each port...

Quit acting like a jackass and being short with people who are trying to help you, and no your amp does not put out near as much as you think it does, you said the max power was like 5000 or 5500, well mathematically Rms wattage is half that, so at most your giving them about 2750, but more than likely the amp is not putting out even 2000 watts, cheap companies lie their asses off to sell to noobs, so they'll tell you want you want to here so you'll buy from them, that's why higher end products display only the true Rms ... also, if you go to rockfordfosgate.com and click on the tab labeled "support" it will show you wiring diagrams, ( which, by the pic you put up of your wiring , it looked like you have a 2 ch. amp, so in that case you do have them wired at 2Ohms each) and box calculators, Best website ever <----use that website for just about everything, and don't be rude when someone on here tells you good luck, also there is a program, it's kinda a pain in the ass though, ( WinISD) that you can Google and download, it shows you how your subs will work in a certain box at a certain frequency, the only thing I don't like is that the database on the program has old shit, so you need most of the specs of your sub to put in their database, and it can be hard to find the specs of your sub..... this will explain WHY you need your boxed tuned lower for it to sound decent, your subs tuned at what you say they are probably don't pick up low frequencies that good at all, so to make up for that you're turning your gain up and your bass boost, which can damage your subs by causing them to clip, it explains it in that hyperlink I put on her labeled Best website ever ... if your boxed was tuned lower you would be able to hear and feel the full sound spectrum more clearly instead of a spike around 50 hz than rounded off towards 100 hz.... to explain why your amp is hot ... ( it's cheap) pretty much , also by getting air to it that guy meant do you have a fan cooling it and does it have plenty of space around it... as I said before... that website is very good, of course you don't need half the stuff on there, but if you read the sections that apply to you I think it will help with a lot of your questions, I have it bookmarked in case I need to look at it real quick, cause it's like a car audio encyclopedia, I hope I help, Please don't tell me I didn't explain nothing or that I'm wasting your time, because I did this to help YOU, I spent like 15 min. on this for your benefit, so like previously said, Good luck to you, and BTW Your enclosure does look bad ass, If you can easily take the top of I think it would be a great idea to shorten your ports and increasing the volume by cutting about 3 possibly more inches off the beginning of each port...

THANK YOU!!

lol thats all i needed. you covered everything and explained it well.

i thought about doing that to my box, but would i have to make my ports longer? or so i thought?

i have learned a lot on this site. i kinda know what all of you are talkign about now.

i just designed a box for 2 FI 15" SSD subs, could you tell me if its right?

it will be in a new post

THANK YOU!!

lol thats all i needed. you covered everything and explained it well.

i thought about doing that to my box, but would i have to make my ports longer? or so i thought?

i have learned a lot on this site. i kinda know what all of you are talkign about now.

i just designed a box for 2 FI 15" SSD subs, could you tell me if its right?

it will be in a new post

did you install WinISD?? if not I'll do the specs and upload some pics of what I come up with, I just need to know if it's ported what size your opening will be, and also the outside dimensions of your box and what size thickness the wood is ex. 3/4" and I can come up with the rest, and no, you'll need to make them shorter, and increase the size of the volume for each speaker, it should be able to sound alot better, you'll get the loudness you want from the lower frequencies and it'll sound way better, if you look at my post under builds / show off of my cheap bass enclosure I built a box for a cheap ass speaker I believe it to be tuned around 30 - 35 hz but I've only got a cheap ass $30 sub powered by the pioneer head unit bridged off the rear speaker outs and everyone I showed cant believe it's not powered by an amp, it's nothin special, just somethin for me to have the lower frequencies , but I think you can make any speaker better by having a box that's just right for it , ex. you can have a badass amp and sub and have it in a shitty box and it's gunna sound like shit, just make sure the inside of the enclosure is caulked and sealed really good and and if it's ported make sure that it's tuned so that it sounds great and puts out power over a wide range of frequencies... well anyway I probably wont be able to do anything til later in the day cause I'm tired as shit right now... lol

I think I understand your point of view ... longer ports - lower frequencies, but it depends on the volume of the ports and the subs capabilities to push air / sound waves through the port...

yea. i think each chamber is close to the max air space for my subs anyways(2cu.ft.)

making a longer port would reduce some of the air space for my subs, and tune it lower at the same time (i think)

you tell me lol im just a noob and this is just from what i "think i know"

1ohm load on a fucking monoblock jackass

I assumed that he could figure that out on his own, jackass. :bull:

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Archived