Sonic Electronix

my amp gets so hot and shuts off?

could be because i am just sitting in a parking lot in 90 degree weather

or

do i need to change the way i wired my subs?

i have a PA 5500d (5500 watts max)on

4 - 1200 watt max subs.

shouldnt it be performing fine?! its not even turned up all the way.

WTF!?

sounds like your overheating it by over drawing the amp and clipping the shit outta it..

Loud & Proud

1995 Honda Civic

Head: Pioneer AVIC-F700BT

Front Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Rear Stage: 6.5" Pioneer Cheapo's

Subs: (1) Audioque HDC3 10" (3.0cu ft) Tuned To 30hz

Sub Amp: Audioque AQ3500D

Wiring: Phoenix Gold 4 gauge & Rockford Fosgate Circuit Breaker

Electrical: Stock Alt, Stock Battery (Front) & Optima Blue Top (Trunk)

OLD SPL IN CAMRY = 143.5db LEGAL @37hz (6/12/10)

Could be that you have a lower impudence then whats recommended..waht are your subs wired at? 1Ohm?could be cuase of low voltage also hows that looking?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Could be that you have a lower impudence then whats recommended..waht are your subs wired at? 1Ohm?could be cuase of low voltage also hows that looking?

ive havent see my voltage since i got rid of my capacitor.

when i had my capacitor the voltage was like 13.8 or something around there.

but ive done the "BIG 3" since then and got a second battery in the back, it should be the same if not better?

im really not sure what my subs are wired to.

they are single 4 ohm subs. (my first subs)

ill check what they are wired to if i can find a diagram. if not ill draw a picture and you tell me lol

Your impedance could in fact be off and you could be a bit high on your gain settings. Just because the amplifier says it will do 5500 watts at max power does not mean it will output this power. Lower name amps such as this one are known to be way over rated when compared to higher end amplifiers.

I have checked your impedance on your amplifier. If wired correctly you will get the one ohm load for your max wattage.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Your impedance could in fact be off and you could be a bit high on your gain settings. Just because the amplifier says it will do 5500 watts at max power does not mean it will output this power. Lower name amps such as this one are known to be way over rated when compared to higher end amplifiers.

I have checked your impedance on your amplifier. If wired correctly you will get the one ohm load for your max wattage.

i know this, but thanks.

i drew a pic of how i wired my subs but idk how to put it on here

would me being high on my gain make my amp more powerful?

OK:

gain = just over half

phase = 180 degree's

subsonic = 20hz (lowest)(20hz - 50hz)

bass boost = 18db (highest)(0-18)

LPF = half (40hz - 200hz)

i really dont know how to tune an amp or whatever. i just turned stuff till it sounded good =D noobish i know

would me being high on my gain make my amp more powerful?

OK:

gain = just over half

phase = 180 degree's

subsonic = 20hz (lowest)(20hz - 50hz)

bass boost = 18db (highest)(0-18)

LPF = half (40hz - 200hz)

i really dont know how to tune an amp or whatever. i just turned stuff till it sounded good =D noobish i know

Turn that bass boost all the way down!!!! Shit man im suprised it hasn't toasted every one of your subs.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Archived