I'm looking at getting one from a friend for dirt cheap, but the kicker is that when they sold the car they took out the screen but left the brain & harness in the car. And I'm curious if it's worth my time buying the screen and trying to either get the brain/harness from the guy who owns the car now or just buy a new brain/harness? And where would be a good place to buy a new brain and harness besides buying directly from Alpine?

Thanks for any help guys.

Andy

Edited by Immutablemoney
logo2-1.pngREAudioLogo.gif

I'm looking at getting one from a friend for dirt cheap, but the kicker is that when they sold the car they took out the screen but left the brain & harness in the car. And I'm curious if it's worth my time buying the screen and trying to either get the brain/harness from the guy who owns the car now or just buy a new brain/harness? And where would be a good place to buy a new brain and harness besides buying directly from Alpine?

Thanks for any help guys.

Andy

totaly doesnt make sense, said they let the brain and harness, but then said get the brain and harness, so it makes no sense to me

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

totaly doesnt make sense, said they let the brain and harness, but then said get the brain and harness, so it makes no sense to me

Sorry for the confusion, I would be buying just the screen now from her $100 and then have to find the guy she sold the car to and see if it's cool if I get the brain and harness outta his car, If he lets me I could get the whole unit for next to nothing just my time and gas.

or my other option is trying to piece together a brain/harness and hope it wont cost a small fortune or at least the price of a new Alpine in dash.

Again sorry just kinda stuck on what I want to do and figured I'd ask for some input. Thanks

logo2-1.pngREAudioLogo.gif

• 1 month later...

really it would not be worth buying if they don't the brain for it now if they had the brain and no harness then yes cause you can the wire harness easily

people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus

head unit sony dsx-s310btx
subs 2 12 incriminator audio king of bass
subs amp incriminator audio 20.1
mids/highs
mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4
equalizer clarion
crossover interfire
alternator 1 mechman 240amp
battery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100
sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires

memphis car audio 1/0 ofc
xs power xs flex 4 awg

sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc

sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc

t spec rca

check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/

http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/

check out audio gear i have for sale
http://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151

Mechman_300x100px-2.jpg

3d7304fe.jpg

header3-1.gif

SkyHighCarAudio_zps27302c94.png

• 2 months later...

worthless without the brain, but somewhere... someone had some idiot thief steal the screen and they are left holding the brain and wires...

they are great units when everything is there... i used to relocate the screen only on those and leave the slot for the DVD player... never let me down

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields