What to tune you box to!!

Ok so We are opening up our Box Calculator to help you all out with building your boxes! Feel free to ask the questions you need, like what your port length should be, what is the total air space after sub and port displacement.........or even if you just wanted to double check a box you've already built.

Take it or leave but its FREE BOX Design!!!!!

Defiant Audio

302-335-5808

www.defiantaudiollc.com

you tube: search Defiant Audio

Smyrna Delaware

"Does anyone else turn their system down at street light to see if anyone else has Bass too?

I think i may have a problem"

Where can I find a "Bass Anonymous?"

• 2 weeks later...

Ok man!! since i am the first to post on this can you check if it will be enough space for me to use?? and advice on port length and port width?? well its going to be a 15' AA MAYHEM..the max size of space i have to sacrifice is as follows; W=33 D=20 and H=16.5?? would that be enough for the sub?? and i wish i could tune it to around 34HZ?? Can you help??

Ok man!! since i am the first to post on this can you check if it will be enough space for me to use?? and advice on port length and port width?? well its going to be a 15' AA MAYHEM..the max size of space i have to sacrifice is as follows; W=33 D=20 and H=16.5?? would that be enough for the sub?? and i wish i could tune it to around 34HZ?? Can you help??

i worked it on the calc. and with those diemansions you port should be 15"H x 3.5"W x 29"L this will tune you to 33.98HZ, with the proper Port area. After Sub and Port displacement you'll have 3.5 cubes. right in range for the sub. If you can go bigger that would be better, but if this is all the space you have it'll work.

Defiant Audio

302-335-5808

www.defiantaudiollc.com

Smyrna Delaware

"Does anyone else turn their system down at street light to see if anyone else has Bass too?

i worked it on the calc. and with those diemansions you port should be 15"H x 3.5"W x 29"L this will tune you to 33.98HZ, with the proper Port area. After Sub and Port displacement you'll have 3.5 cubes. right in range for the sub. If you can go bigger that would be better, but if this is all the space you have it'll work.

Thanks a lot bro!! it seems i would be on the right track!! thanks for your time and patience to help me out with the calcs man!! you the best bro!! :drinks::clapping:

Thanks a lot bro!! it seems i would be on the right track!! thanks for your time and patience to help me out with the calcs man!! you the best bro!! :drinks::clapping:

This part is sort of difficult to explain but the 1st piece of your port will be 15.75" deep leaving 3.5 inches between the end of that section and the back panel. then youll 90o off the side of the port an additional 12.5 because the width of the 1st piece (3/4mdf) counts on your port length, so the next piece you cut has to be 12.5" giving you a total measure of 15.75 deep then 13.25 across totalling 29" port length.

Defiant Audio

302-335-5808

www.defiantaudiollc.com

Smyrna Delaware

This part is sort of difficult to explain but the 1st piece of your port will be 15.75" deep leaving 3.5 inches between the end of that section and the back panel. then youll 90o off the side of the port an additional 12.5 because the width of the 1st piece (3/4mdf) counts on your port length, so the next piece you cut has to be 12.5" giving you a total measure of 15.75 deep then 13.25 across totalling 29" port length.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Defiant Audio

302-335-5808

www.defiantaudiollc.com

Smyrna Delaware

thats actually incorrect.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

the 2nd port piece will be around 9"

I dont know which way anything is facing, but if you want the total length to be 29" you only need 26.5" of board length.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

the 2nd port piece will be around 9"

I dont know which way anything is facing, but if you want the total length to be 29" you only need 26.5" of board length.

not with the Port edge used as the .75 of the front face.

We were looking at the port facing out toward the trunk, Where did you get the other .75 from?

Defiant Audio

302-335-5808

www.defiantaudiollc.com

Smyrna Delaware

because you measure down the middle of a vent, not along the inside edge.

Archived