This is why i never have any cool car build threads.

Guest MegaloManiac

the onlything  i see really wrong with your pc is the placement of the fan on the side door. it shouldnt be in the smack middle it should be at the top left where the heart is(processor) but for real go water cooled, thats my next plan

hey what exactly does water cooled do? cool the air inside the whole case? all i know is water+ electronics usually= bad but i understand how using a similar system as the ones in cars to cool the whole case itself would be help....

could watter cooling be done on a car puter?

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Guest MegaloManiac

Watercooling is a form of cooling. It really is called Liquid cooling because you shouldn't  really use water alone. water is conductive. but its cheap if you use water make sure you mix it with 20% antifreeze. cause the copperblocks will corode and get bacteria. but how liquid cool works? consists of a radiator, pipe tubing, waterpump,optional Resivoir, and a copperwaterblock. water is poured into the resvoir and then the water pump starts to pump the water first it will try to get rid of all airbubbles by pumpin all the air from the resvoir if installed properly. copper is a great conductor of heat. so the coper blocks are designed to take as much heat as possible away from the processor. the liquid passes through the waterblock absorbing all the heat and then passes through the radiator to dispatch the heat away from the liquid and repeats the cycle. Can you have watercoolin in car? yes. would I? probally not. I don't think I could bring myself to liquidcooling in a carputer cause of my bump. afraid of leaks.

most people use coolant by the way in any liquidcooling. its a bit expensive but its non conductive and its supose to evoprate quickly like alcohol. but if you have pets be f!ckin careful not leave it lying around. They will drink it. it has a sweet smell to it and they are usually pretty colors like antfreeze. if they do drink it they will start to look and act drunk. the damage is irreversable potentially they can and most likely die.

water cooling in cars are intercoolers. which sprays a mist in the engine and freezes upon impact to cool down the engine. (i think this is what it is dont mark my word on this i just saw it on top gear on one of the new mitsubishi evos has an engine spray or something like that to cool it down.)

lol i was thinking watercoolign like radiators and intercoolers to make the air colder and cool down the engine.

so this copper block is put very close to the processor so it absorbs the that it creates? guess that makes sense

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

lol shit i dont know :-[... that wasnt in your explanation :-X...  how could i guess that they are touching? lol i cant do a tarrot readin over the net :D

Guest MegaloManiac

uh lets look at it in a sensible manner. on regular aircooled computers the fan and heatsink touch the processor dead on, so i strongly believe you can assume something is touching the processor. How else will the heat be dispatch...? :-

common sence goes a long way

the copperblock is a heatsink it attached to the cpu. but they run water thru the cpu block. heres an advanced watercooling cpu block for an example

T925-2170-main.jpg

the water goes thru the tubes to disapate the heat.

most waterblocks arent that complicated but thats the easiest one to explain with