Sonic Electronix

Which Amp is best for 2 15 inch 500 rms sub at 4 ohm

If they're wired at 4 ohms, MTX TE1501D will put out 500w RMS at 4 ohms load. If they're 500w RMS apiece and DVC 4 ohm, something like a JL Audio 1000/1v2 would probably suit it.

POTATO!

Since they are 4ohm you want something that does at least 1000rms @ 1ohm...a little more on hand so you don't stress the amp to get the power...Out of what you listed the HF1210D or the US Amp MD-1D...Not sure how accurately rated US Amps are but I know HFs are a bit over, still would work good with the set up. If the US Amp is rated fairly accurately then I say that one but either one will suit what you need.

Basically something that does about 1200 @1ohm would be golden

man i just sold a kenwood excelon stable at 1 ohm for 1200 rms, lol

but your conclusions on the amps are along the lines of mine, i have heard us amps are good, but not sure how accurate they are, im not sure if they rated at 14v or lower

my system is just factory atm, and im not sure how clsoe to 12v it stays, prolly closer to 11v during music play

but the comments are helpful, thanks

thanks for comments

i am probably going to go for the HIFONICS BXi1606D, it ill do 500rms at 4 ohm, but prolly actual power will be less, i rather get close to maxing the sub out rather than doing full power, and i listen to my stuff loud, (not stupid loud though) but id rather they play just under full power

plus the amp does come with a 3 year warranty and free shipping, so that is not bad either

im also thinking about getting a rockford fosgate prime 500, currently its 99 dollars, if it stays low enough, ill get that to run my 6x9 subs, i dont really need them to be running, but they are just the cutest little subs, lol

Archived