Sonic Electronix

Which Amp is best for 2 15 inch 500 rms sub at 4 ohm

I have two 15 inch Kicker CVR which are 500 RMS at 4 ohms, in a sealed box, i currently dont have plans to change how they are wired or use a new box as i am just using these until i save enough for a more powerful subs, that is also why i want to try to get a good amp that is 1 ohm stable and with decent power right now

i am looking at a few amps on ebay, i am hoping to stay around 150 dollars, but if its really good quality amp and a bit over ill go for it

all amps are class d mono

i prefer to not get refurbished but if its a good deal I may go for it

click the names of the amps to see the actual auction page

here they are:

HIFONICS BXi1606D - US $174.90 buy it now with free shipping

# 500 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms

# 1100 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohm

# 1600 Watts RMS @ 1 Ohm

---------------------------

US Amps MD-1D - US $189.99 buy it now with free shipping

# 400W RMS X 1 @ 4 Ohms

# 750W RMS X 1 @ 2 Ohms

# 1200W RMS X 1 @ 1 Ohms

US Amps Xterminator XT2000D - $115 buy it now with free shipping

RMS Power at 4 Ohms 150 W x 1

RMS Power at 2 Ohms 300 W x 1

RMS Power at 1 Ohms 1000 W x 1

HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi-1210D - US $100.00 starting bid with 25 shipping

# 4 ohms: 450 watts x 1

# 2 ohms: 900 watts x 1

# 1 ohm: 1200 watts x 1

Hifonics BXi 2008D - bid at $50 with 17 shipping

* 4 ohms: 650 watts x 1

* 2 ohms: 1300 watts x 1

* 1 ohm: 2000 watts x 1

thanks for the help if any is given

Honestly, just for a cheap am that packs quite a bit of power I would recommend http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2400-WATT-PYLE-PLA2220-Car-Audio-Amp-Amplifier-/350235075857?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item518ba32511 I know no one really likes Pyle but it hits really hard, and is a good deal, IMO. It's hard to find the specs for, but I do remember it's like 600 RMS per channel at 2 ohms... Although all the ones you listed are good, I just have no experience with them, just throwing in a suggestion.

EDIT: Also, I'd only buy an amp if it comes with a warranty.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I have two 15 inch Kicker CVR which are 500 RMS at 4 ohms, in a sealed box, i currently dont have plans to change how they are wired or use a new box as i am just using these until i save enough for a more powerful subs, that is also why i want to try to get a good amp that is 1 ohm stable and with decent power right now

i am looking at a few amps on ebay, i am hoping to stay around 150 dollars, but if its really good quality amp and a bit over ill go for it

all amps are class d mono

i prefer to not get refurbished but if its a good deal I may go for it

click the names of the amps to see the actual auction page

here they are:

HIFONICS BXi1606D - US $174.90 buy it now with free shipping

# 500 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms

# 1100 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohm

# 1600 Watts RMS @ 1 Ohm

US Amps MD-1D - US $189.99 buy it now with free shipping

# 400W RMS X 1 @ 4 Ohms

# 750W RMS X 1 @ 2 Ohms

# 1200W RMS X 1 @ 1 Ohms

US Amps Xterminator XT2000D - $115 buy it now with free shipping

RMS Power at 4 Ohms 150 W x 1

RMS Power at 2 Ohms 300 W x 1

RMS Power at 1 Ohms 1000 W x 1

HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi-1210D - US $100.00 starting bid with 25 shipping

# 4 ohms: 450 watts x 1

# 2 ohms: 900 watts x 1

# 1 ohm: 1200 watts x 1

Hifonics BXi 2008D - bid at $50 with 17 shipping

* 4 ohms: 650 watts x 1

* 2 ohms: 1300 watts x 1

* 1 ohm: 2000 watts x 1

thanks for the help if any is given

what about This from what ive read about them they are suppose to be decent and put out the power and discount code 9998 will get u $10 off so $139.99 + free shipping

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

seems like a good deal, ill see what some other people have to say

i didnt see it but is audiopipe cea compliant, also what kind of terminals do they use, nto sure what its called but the terminals on amps like sony where its a screw with like a rectangle washer on it, absolutely cant stand those, i know it may not be a big deal but i wont use an amp if i can help it that has those kind of terminals

also about the warranty, you can buy warranties through square trade on anything you get a receipt for basically, i have a second warranty for some subs i got on audio savings just to be sure and i got a warranty on an amp i bought on ebay a while back, it has now been sold but they guy never gave me his info to transfer the warranty

but the warranties are good in my experience and its a lot cheaper than a warranty from the manufacturer, but that doesnt matter to everyone, lol

thanks for feedback so far

im curious about the bxi 2008d, does that put out rated? sorry to thread jack, but dont get pyle its junk, audiopipe isent the best but its good, search the FS sections here, caraudioclassifieds.com, and anywhere else some good deals there

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

seems like a good deal, ill see what some other people have to say

i didnt see it but is audiopipe cea compliant, also what kind of terminals do they use, nto sure what its called but the terminals on amps like sony where its a screw with like a rectangle washer on it, absolutely cant stand those, i know it may not be a big deal but i wont use an amp if i can help it that has those kind of terminals

also about the warranty, you can buy warranties through square trade on anything you get a receipt for basically, i have a second warranty for some subs i got on audio savings just to be sure and i got a warranty on an amp i bought on ebay a while back, it has now been sold but they guy never gave me his info to transfer the warranty

but the warranties are good in my experience and its a lot cheaper than a warranty from the manufacturer, but that doesnt matter to everyone, lol

thanks for feedback so far

ohhh and i like ur sig ... did u make that?

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

ohhh and i like ur sig ... did u make that?

yea i made it, im pretty handy with graphics programs, i do graphic design in r/l

@Freshman6969 i think the brutus line is cea compliant and puts out around rated, but i think they rate their stuff at 14v, not completely sure, but i did see a few amp companies rating their stuff at like 14v or 13.8 and of course since most people dont run their systems at that voltage they wont get the rated power, or so thats what i understand from it

im curious about the bxi 2008d, does that put out rated? sorry to thread jack, but dont get pyle its junk, audiopipe isent the best but its good, search the FS sections here, caraudioclassifieds.com, and anywhere else some good deals there

Yeah, it isn't the greatest, but it's more powerful than most in it's price range though, if they actually posted specs then I would defend it, but I've never had any problem with Pyle amps, they are just entry level stuff though. I just have a bit of experience with them because everyone that comes to me wants a system for under $XXX, so they get the best of the cheap crap.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Yeah, it isn't the greatest, but it's more powerful than most in it's price range though, if they actually posted specs then I would defend it, but I've never had any problem with Pyle amps, they are just entry level stuff though. I just have a bit of experience with them because everyone that comes to me wants a system for under $XXX, so they get the best of the cheap crap.

thats understandable, i see that a lot around here (kokomo, indiana) you cant get many good stuff around here and if you find it its very expensive for what you get, i try to tell pepole about other brands or sites i look at and where they can find good deals for same price as a lower quality brand they woudl find locally, but no one listens, lol

people ive known for years doing audio, ill ask them about rms and ohms, and t-lines or ported vs sealed adn they have no idea, lol

im new to car audio, but im doing research before i spend big bucks, but like you said its about money, but these kickers i got are 4 months old and cost the dude 600 brand new, i paid 100 for them, so i got a good brand for low bucks, but you cant always get good deals like that

Since they are 4ohm you want something that does at least 1000rms @ 1ohm...a little more on hand so you don't stress the amp to get the power...Out of what you listed the HF1210D or the US Amp MD-1D...Not sure how accurately rated US Amps are but I know HFs are a bit over, still would work good with the set up. If the US Amp is rated fairly accurately then I say that one but either one will suit what you need.

Basically something that does about 1200 @1ohm would be golden

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived