Burning a Dvd and Computer Shuts Off

Ok I never had this problem until recently, I use Nero and when it is in the process of I think writing, right before burning my computer just shuts off.

I have a Acer laptop and I tried uninstalling Nero and reinstalling but it didn't help.

Does anybody have any ideas on what it could be?

I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

If it shuts off and doesnt restart by itself (as in you dont have to press the power button to turn it back on) then could be heat or power related. Software error usually restarts the system.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

If it shuts off and doesnt restart by itself (as in you dont have to press the power button to turn it back on) then could be heat or power related. Software error usually restarts the system.

It's probably the red part.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

It's probably the red part.

I don't think it is though because I can monitor the temp and it doesn't get high. It stays at around 140 degrees farenheit.

Edit: CPU core temps are around 140.

Edited by brsteinbach

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

Ok I just did an experiment and found out it is heat related. I went to burn a dvd with a different temp reading program and my core temps jump to around 170! WTF! Do you guy's know what I could do to keep my laptop cool while trying to burn a dvd? I never had this problem until recently, this is gay.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

Take the laptop apart and check for dust, could be clogging your circulation when you need it most. Also, have you done any upgrades on the laptop? If so its a power issue.

Example: was fixing a desktop with a 250 watt psu, plugged in a seagate external HDD and it fried the PSU LOL

Edit: I know laptops do run hot, but 140 degrees when you're not doing anything is really hot bro... I'd be lucky if my desktop goes over 100 under load...air cooled. Like I said before, could be just needing new thermal material on the cpu, or dust clogging the fan. does sound like the cpu is shutting off under load

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

blow out the heatsink of the laptop... also make sure the fan is actually still spinning. Small fans have a tendency to die.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Take the laptop apart and check for dust, could be clogging your circulation when you need it most. Also, have you done any upgrades on the laptop? If so its a power issue.

Example: was fixing a desktop with a 250 watt psu, plugged in a seagate external HDD and it fried the PSU LOL

Edit: I know laptops do run hot, but 140 degrees when you're not doing anything is really hot bro... I'd be lucky if my desktop goes over 100 under load...air cooled. Like I said before, could be just needing new thermal material on the cpu, or dust clogging the fan. does sound like the cpu is shutting off under load

I have not done any upgrades. I am very good with computers but I have never messed with a laptop. I've built desktops but I'm to nervous to touch my laptop. Should I take it to a shop and see if I can get them to blow-clean it out and put some new thermal paste on my cpu?

blow out the heatsink of the laptop... also make sure the fan is actually still spinning. Small fans have a tendency to die.

I have one fan in it and it's on the back. It is spinning and I know this because it has pretty warm air blowing out.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

No need to take them apart to clean a heatsink, just blow it out with compressed air. If you use a large air compressor (not a can) just be a bit careful about it because 100+ PSI is a bit dangerous at point blank range to some components.

Hammerdown... 1%