Sonic Electronix

I own a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse and I wanna get a bigger system for it, but I don't have much room to work with cuz the Eclipse trunks have very limited space. I've seen three 12's fit into another Eclipse like mine but I'm afraid of blowing out the back window. I wanna get either three 12's or three 10's for it, but I'm not sure how far to go when it comes to size and power. I had one 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 sub in a ported box running on a bridged 800-watt amp and THAT made my rearview mirror fall off. That was after downgrading to one sub and I'm afraid of going any bigger, but I want to. What do you recommend I get?

id say get 2 15s.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

two 12's in a wall. remove your rear seat backing and build it into the trunk area.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

two 12's in a wall. remove your rear seat backing and build it into the trunk area.

That's what I saw in the other Eclipse. They just fit three 12's somehow. Assuming that custom trunk set-up's are built around the box(es) housing the subs, I imagined the sound not to be that great because I hear that the volume of a box is one of the most important factors in how the sub's gonna sound.

Talking from experience i would say that 2 15" subs will get lower and should be just about enough space to port it aswell, im stuck with 4 12's now and i cant even fit amplifiers in to power them to thier full potential.

i would recomend 2 15's.

my trunk is big and i barely fit 1 15" =\

as you can see

<-----

I got 2 15's in, yes box was small... but still it sounded pretty decent.

Well if you want to go loud, then go for 3 15's SEALED. Smaller Box and you could put them in Offset so you should just about be able to get 3 in.....

Just an idea.