doubleD Posted July 1, 2010 Report Posted July 1, 2010 im looking into repainting my yukon a different color,,just wondering how long it should really take if there is hardly any body work to do,,and whats an average estimate Quote
bassfiend316 Posted July 1, 2010 Report Posted July 1, 2010 I'd say 1-2 weeks (where I work, we are understaffed and busy, so it may be faster wherever you are) and we'd charge around 2500 just for the paint work for a full color change (jambs, interior areas where you see the color, etc.) PLUS any bodywork. Remove & Install (R&I) time for the handles, emblems, quarter glass, most likely taking doors, hood, hatch off the car, it all adds up. But on the other hand, we mostly do insurance work/repair, so a custom shop may be a good amount cheaper, AND be faster. We turn out about 100 cars a week, while the busiest custom shop I know of around here MIGHT get 1-2 cars done each week lol. But stay away from Maaco or any of those "$399 paint job" companies. You will get what you pay for. Sorry for the long post.. Quote
Bumpindemlowzz Posted July 1, 2010 Report Posted July 1, 2010 (edited) Theres a 2005 tahoe here thats a nasty color but very cheap. Id like to get it repainted a dif color and stuff so i got a quote for 4,600.00 at a local chevrolet dealor just last week. Edit- thats front bumper and back bumper color coated as well. Midnite black with a clear nothing special. Edited July 1, 2010 by Bumpindemlowzz Quote 2010 Silverado 18" DC XL 18 DC 2k XS Power Batts
doubleD Posted July 1, 2010 Author Report Posted July 1, 2010 (edited) thanks guys,,i did have a quote myself,,it was $5500,,but it was going to take the shop a month, because they did more insurance work,,,i guess if i want it faster i need to slam it into something,,joke Edited July 1, 2010 by doubleD Quote
Gotloud555 Posted July 5, 2010 Report Posted July 5, 2010 I wouldn't spend anything about $3000 for repaint on vehicle. I'm sure there something much better on that.. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.