how can i tell if my clutch has gone bad? aside from it not goin into gear.

adjust the pushrod forst and if that doesn't work then I believe the only way to tell if the clutch is bad without being able to drive it is by taking the trans out and inspecting it. if you were able to drive it, go about 30mph, put the car in 5th, and floor it. if the clutch holds strong then you're good. if it's on its way out, then it will slip

i had a problem sorta like that on my iroc. my problem was the throw out bearing was siezing on the input shaft of the trans and not moving. couldnt git it to go into any gear at all. i had to tear it all down and replace the throw out bearing and greased the hell outa the input shaft to fix it. possibley could be what yours is doing, its what it sounds liek to me. i replaced the slave and master cylender in mine and it did what yours is doing. my opinion, you need a throw out bearing, and if your going to tear it down that far you may as well change the clutch to.

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg