two 15" xxx's in my cavalier (walled)

8 cubes tuned to low 30's.

Scoring a 150.9 on the TL.

Power (for now) is one orion 2500D @ .5 ohm. Will be adding a second one soon.

Thanks for looking!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is a little background on the rest of the system.

Headunit is a Pioneer premier 930 with 6 disc changer.

Front Kickpanels house a 6.5" JL XR component set.

Powering the front stage is a JL 300/2.

All wiring is by KnuKonceptz, 1/0 runs throughout the car.

Two Yellow tops.

Audiocontrol 3xs crossover.

Been riding with this setup for awhile, and i'm currently expanding it to include the following.

Adding a second orion 2500D

Adding an eagle picher battery in the trunk.

And building a ported enclosure in the doors to house a pair of 6.5" DD LT's for midbass. Powered by a second JL 300/2.

200 amp alternator from excessive.

Now for more pictures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ResizeWizard1-1-vi.jpg

thats sweet. I always wanted to know how the sound quality is walled like that. Ive only listened to walls for spl/ tones, never real music, like say, Santana "Turn your lights on". I may do a wall t-line in my beater just for the hell of it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

thats sweet. I always wanted to know how the sound quality is walled like that. Ive only listened to walls for spl/ tones, never real music, like say, Santana "Turn your lights on". I may do a wall t-line in my beater just for the hell of it

It sounds really great. The xxx's are low end monsters though, so you have to have a beefy midbass to back it up. Which is why I'm going with the digitial design 6.5's in the doors.
ResizeWizard1-1-vi.jpg

Cutting this in as one solid piece was kind of a bitch, lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

yo man dam nice install!!! its awesome. but i just want to ask how do you cut that front board so perfectly to the cars curves... do you use a template? or wat pls answer cause i will be doing this soon.

Cutting this in as one solid piece was kind of a bitch, lol

yo man dam nice install!!! its awesome. but i just want to ask how do you cut that front board so perfectly to the cars curves... do you use a template? or wat pls answer cause i will be doing this soon.

I made a template of one side using cardboard, then transfered that to the board. (flipping it over for the opposite side). This gave me a rough cutout, then i put the wood in the car and it took several times cutting and fitting, marking and cutting a little more to get it to fit on all sides perfectly. Takes awhile, but it works.

I'm a tilesetter by trade, so cutting and fitting things like this is pretty easy for me, lol.

ResizeWizard1-1-vi.jpg

whatkinda kick pods are those, or did you make them yourself?

They are Q-logics, and i reinforced them with two layers of fiberglass. I'm going to make a mold of them and make new ones using fiberglass only with a gelcoat, just have to find the time, lol.
ResizeWizard1-1-vi.jpg

Archived