Got a bad Virus

Just another tip: do not even click the popups.... its a trojan, remember? it says one thing, and does another

True, they dont allow me to X them, only click "Stay un protected" "Get protected"

Boot in safe mode. WINDOWS KEY + R. type msconfig in box. Go to STARTUP TAB. UNCHECK anything unsual and from UNKNOWN manufacturers (usually some random start up name like bpduhcdv). Restart computer. Download and install SUPERANTISPYWARE and run a scan. Do WINDOWS KEY + R again, type in msconfig in box, and go to startup menu again. If you DID find some random crap like that (bpduhcdv) under the STARTUP tab, you can scroll on the bottom, to the right and look for the command and location of that file. You should 1. go to the location and delete it and 2. go to the command location and delete that as well.

Damnit wish I had a printer, Windows Vista never allowed a printer on this thing for some reason

I may try the Reformat til last week, before those odd downloads popped up

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Telling you its some variation of AV2010

Once Antivirus 2010 is installed on your computer, it will be automatically configured to run when you logon to Windows. This is done by adding a startup that launches the C:\Windows\System32\wingamma.exe executable. This executable will then launch the AV2010.exe and the fake Windows Security Center. Once running, it will scan your computer and list a variety of infections that cannot be removed unless you first purchase the software. This infection will also randomly display fake security alerts on your computer stating that you are infected or have some sort of security risk. If you click on these alerts, it will prompt you to purchase the software. These fake alerts, along with a fake Windows Security Center that advertises Antivirus 2010, are used to further scare you into thinking you are infected so you purchase the software.

these rogues are also known to be advertised and installed through Trojans that display fake security alerts in your Windows taskbar stating you are infected. Once you click on one of these alerts, it will bring you to the download page for Antivirus 2010, or even download and install it without your permission.

antivirus-2010.jpg

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

If malwarebytes don't fix it go download ComboFix and put it on your desktop, go into safemode with networking and run it and let it do its thing.

When using combo fix be VERY careful it's a powerful program.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

trojans are what let people control your computer, get your ss number, all your credit card info, etc.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

trojans are what let people control your computer, get your ss number, all your credit card info, etc.

Wrong those are keyloggers.

A Trojan, sometimes refered to as a Trojan horse, is non-self-replicating malware that appears to perform a desirable function for the user but instead facilitates unauthorized access to the user's computer system. The term is derived from the Trojan Horse story in Greek mythology.

Keystroke logging (often called keylogging) is the practice of tracking (or logging) the keys struck on a keyboard, typically in a covert manner so that the person using the keyboard is unaware that their actions are being monitored. ...

Rest In Peace mother.

Telling you its some variation of AV2010

Once Antivirus 2010 is installed on your computer, it will be automatically configured to run when you logon to Windows. This is done by adding a startup that launches the C:\Windows\System32\wingamma.exe executable. This executable will then launch the AV2010.exe and the fake Windows Security Center. Once running, it will scan your computer and list a variety of infections that cannot be removed unless you first purchase the software. This infection will also randomly display fake security alerts on your computer stating that you are infected or have some sort of security risk. If you click on these alerts, it will prompt you to purchase the software. These fake alerts, along with a fake Windows Security Center that advertises Antivirus 2010, are used to further scare you into thinking you are infected so you purchase the software.

these rogues are also known to be advertised and installed through Trojans that display fake security alerts in your Windows taskbar stating you are infected. Once you click on one of these alerts, it will bring you to the download page for Antivirus 2010, or even download and install it without your permission.

antivirus-2010.jpg

definitely a variation of that virus

not exact, but I keep getting Fake Trojan alerts

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

When you figure out what it is, pm me and i'll help you manually remove it.

Need to know the alias. In situations such as this, anti-spyware/malware programs usually do not prevail.

00' Nissan Xterra

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

When you figure out what it is, pm me and i'll help you manually remove it.

Need to know the alias. In situations such as this, anti-spyware/malware programs usually do not prevail.

Removed this type of virus from my step dad's laptop with combofix.

Rest In Peace mother.

Removed this type of virus from my step dad's laptop with combofix.

Its not classified as a virus, but I get the point. All computers are different, as are all virii/malware/spyware/trojans. Which means it could have preventative detection methods implemented into the registry/system.

Edit: I doubt combofix is going to reset his hosts file anyways...so it would just be automatically reinfected via the website..

00' Nissan Xterra

Archived