WOohoo, did my first glassin'

yeah it's a 2 part body filler. its on the cheap side. it works pretty well

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Sweet, found something, Gonna have to wait till payday to get it... :(

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

Before you touch that with anything, hit it witha sander and find your trouble spots (high spots, low spots, nasty wrinkles). Your gonna need a fresh new rough surface for the bodyfiller or kitty hair to adhere too. Oh and I would use your kitty hair. I don't use anything but fleece to wrap stuff cause its got mad strenght by itself, a t-shirt would have no strength at all aside from the layers of glass you did. Sand it up real good, get some nice shape to it and find your bad spots so you have a place to start with the kitty hair. I also flush trim inside the rings immediately after the initial wrap hardens, just my preference.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

just try your best to get the surface as smooth as possible beforehand. bondo is such a bitch to work with and should really be used in small sections.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Ya, gonna hit it up with the sand paper tonight, there are a few bits i need smooth out so I'll use the kitty hair. I thought it went really well for a first time. haha. Thanks for the help guys, any more tips are welcome.

And about flush mount, the room i have doesn't allow this and I don;t have a router so it would look ugly as shit :P

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components

Thanks for the tip! Thursday is the day that will be going down, there is one big nasty wrinkle to contend with. Going to test fit everything until then :)

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components

Ya, gonna hit it up with the sand paper tonight, there are a few bits i need smooth out so I'll use the kitty hair. I thought it went really well for a first time. haha. Thanks for the help guys, any more tips are welcome.

And about flush mount, the room i have doesn't allow this and I don;t have a router so it would look ugly as shit :P

Not flush mount, flush trim. I run a flush trim bit in a die grinder or router to trim the overlapped hardened fleece inside the speaker mounting holes first.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Thing is with bondo it's great stuff, but it either hardens too fast, or not fast enough. Put too much hardner and you'll shit yourself with the speed at it hardens. Too little and it never hardens quick enough, and then that adds waiting time which is like <_<... So like infinite said, do it in small portions, at first.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i decided to apply the filler by hand. bought a 100 pack of rubber gloves & spread it by hand. i tried using the bondo spreading tools & cardboard but just doing it by hand seemed to work best for me. i feel like i have more control over it when i do it like that & i can build it up really smoothly as well. every time it hardens just put on a new glove & you're ready to go again with another small batch.

Archived