Second Skin Audio

Jl vs. American Bass

Hi well im a bass freak and have many quest.. That need answered i have a 73 Chevy vert and was thinking what system i wanted to go with now i became an JL fan my bro has 3 12w6 in a 07 Impala. Now i was impressed but i want more so i was thinking about 3 12w7 but a friend said that 2 American Bass Hd 15 will hit harder than the 3 12w7 im kind of skeptical what yall think about that? Then i wanted to know do u think 3 12w7 will hit harder than 2-13w7 my friend is quick to say JL never won any comps. and American Bass have he's a die hard AB Fan so i will appreciate your answers and i have a JL 1000.1 amp I just want to my vert to hit really hard and it's hard to choose. If JL aint the way to go then what is Thanks Biggman-ss

ha ha ha ha. im sorry, i read this earlier but felt too hung over to reply. but i have to say a little something now. nowhere near a cheap or generic brand. there are way too many variables and you cant always say who is going to be better or louder without knowing how the equipment is going to be applied. and JL doesnt suck, just too mainstream and expensive. AB is an awesome brand and you can definitely get louder on same power with AB.

if you just look around this site you will see a lot of FI, Sundown, DC, Ascendant Audio, SSA, but thats because a lot users here refuse to follow mainstream and can find better quality stuff with time invested in building the product than just selling off of an assembly line.

whats your budget like, elecrical, setup, space, airspace...these are some of the variables i mentioned earlier. theres a lot that cant be factored without knowing which makes giving a judgement on which will be louder or better impossible. anyone who can tell you without asking these questions has no idea what theyre talking about.

im still lol'ing at the boss comparison, lol.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

American Bass > JL for SPL. For SQ, Possibly JL. But man, guy above, AB a cheap brand? LOL.

Well Thanks 4 the info im new to this and learning i respect ur comments i just thought JL was better but i guess just because it cost more does not mean it's always better i just seen alot of reviews on JL products and alot of reviews say no other sub can compete with 12w7 man it's so many brands out here it's like hard to choose they say the Orion Hcca is a beast sub to and i dont have alot of trunk space i have air ride on my 73 caprice to so im learning air space is really important. So last question if u had to choose what set up would u go with If u could get any system u wanted in a 73 caprice? Thanks 4 the help

I always thought american bass was a cheap brand like boss. But 3 12w7's are expensive. Also I think they are like 750wrms each, so off a single 1000.1, it wouldn't be worth it.

Actually they are now rated at 1000 watt RMS. It used to be 750.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Hi well im a bass freak and have many quest.. That need answered i have a 73 Chevy vert and was thinking what system i wanted to go with now i became an JL fan my bro has 3 12w6 in a 07 Impala. Now i was impressed but i want more so i was thinking about 3 12w7 but a friend said that 2 American Bass Hd 15 will hit harder than the 3 12w7 im kind of skeptical what yall think about that? Then i wanted to know do u think 3 12w7 will hit harder than 2-13w7 my friend is quick to say JL never won any comps. and American Bass have he's a die hard AB Fan so i will appreciate your answers and i have a JL 1000.1 amp I just want to my vert to hit really hard and it's hard to choose. If JL aint the way to go then what is Thanks Biggman-ss

Hi again i heard 4 American Bass 15" HD Series and it was hitting really hard i mean hard but i dont think they r better than JL products what if i get 2 13w7 on 2 JL 1000.1

then your car will be loud... Its all about what you want outta your system and the space you have to get loud with. I can tell you if you put 2 15 AB subs in your ride you'd need at the very lowest 6c^ft and thats small.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

it seems like you want to run jl i have heard both brands and they are both very nice but is all you wanna do is get loud go with ab

1978 chevy malibu

x4 kicker cvr 12

5cf @ 30hz

kicker 6.5 doors

audiopipe 6x9 back dash

panasonic hu

visonik eq

spl 600.4 interior

ap 30001d subs

numbers coming soon

i have a question for you. if your going to run JL why are asking us which one is better? because your mind is already set on JL, there no point in asking us which one is better or would be louder.

reaper.png

Archived