Home theater sub recommendations

A friend of mine bought be this sub: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-106 as a grad present. I want to use it as a home theater/gaming sub. It will be powered by a 5.1 receiver (yet to be determined which one.) We're debating on what kind of box to build for it. We plugged the T/s parameters into WinISD and it recommended a 13 cube box at 17Hz! :No: But we were thinking somewhere around 3.5-4 cubes at 22-26Hz. The sub is rated for 150RMS and will probably be getting about that. here's the two plans we have: 3.63 [email protected], with a 3x8 slot port, or [email protected] with a 2x8 port. Which would you recommend? Thanks in advance

A friend of mine bought be this sub: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-106 as a grad present. I want to use it as a home theater/gaming sub. It will be powered by a 5.1 receiver (yet to be determined which one.) We're debating on what kind of box to build for it. We plugged the T/s parameters into WinISD and it recommended a 13 cube box at 17Hz! :No: But we were thinking somewhere around 3.5-4 cubes at 22-26Hz. The sub is rated for 150RMS and will probably be getting about that. here's the two plans we have: 3.63 [email protected], with a 3x8 slot port, or [email protected] with a 2x8 port. Which would you recommend? Thanks in advance

3.15ft^3 tuned to 29-30

Our main concerns are how much port area we need and how low to tune for movies and games. I thought we should tune lower because of explosions and stuff like that, but I have never done HT before.

(I am helping him with design and construction.)

Too many projects, too little time...

You wanna tune somewhere between 20-25. I'm guessing that when you plugged it in, it gave you a design for a t-line. That's the only reason I can think of the box being so big.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

You wanna tune somewhere between 20-25. I'm guessing that when you plugged it in, it gave you a design for a t-line. That's the only reason I can think of the box being so big.

Not sure, think it may be glitching or something, because it said to only use a 4" tube port for that huge-ass box.

How much port area would you recommend?

Too many projects, too little time...

Well I'd say that 2x8 port would work. Tune to 22 hz. You just don't want to tune too high, I had a 15 in a t-line that was at 19hz and it DOMINATED the lows. Movies were never the same

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

If you want to use a round port, a 4" is enough for that driver. ~12 sq in. That is enough for a 10" sub with 6mm xmax.

It has a low Fs, so 22-25 Hz tuning will definitely work.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.