Sonic Electronix

Amps Overheating Majorly Need Advice on Cooling

the one thing about liquid cooling though that always trips me up is if the liquid is sitting in the car it will start out hot. it would be almost pointless until it got cooled down.

im looking at the Thermaltake Aquabay M5 right now. it has a screen to monitor temp and fluid levels which you could mount in the cab somwhere. it has the pump and tank and the various sensors. so you would need tubing and a custom heat sink type thing to keep the water cool and a "shroud" to go over the amp.

nothing is ever easy anymore

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the one thing about liquid cooling though that always trips me up is if the liquid is sitting in the car it will start out hot. it would be almost pointless until it got cooled down.

im looking at the Thermaltake Aquabay M5 right now. it has a screen to monitor temp and fluid levels which you could mount in the cab somwhere. it has the pump and tank and the various sensors. so you would need tubing and a custom heat sink type thing to keep the water cool and a "shroud" to go over the amp.

NEVER go thermaltake for anything watercooling I'm telling whoever this right now it won't last a month.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

You would be using what you think would be non conductive coolant..

I read stories that people lost hardware even tho they had that type of coolant.

I have a sister that owns a company that offers a dow corning non cunductive coolant that she sells to government agencies and to railroad companies for thier engines.... Trust me, this shit is non conductive! LOL! It is EXPENSIVE, (but I get it for free!)

I have a sister that owns a company that offers a dow corning non cunductive coolant that she sells to government agencies and to railroad companies for thier engines.... Trust me, this shit is non conductive! LOL! It is EXPENSIVE, (but I get it for free!)

But will it destroy a PC water pump?

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I wonder if a class d mids and highs amp sounds decent... Memphis makes one???? Would run cooler since the class a/b amp is the one creating all the heat...

let me know how you do this if you do. this would be a great way to cool my amp as well.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build