Second Skin Audio

Need Help With A Speaker Box

Well I have a 4 inch car audio speaker made by clarion. I want to make a little box for it the max demensions are 8inches tall by 8 inches wide and 5 inches deep and I want to port in with a port to one side. Tune it to 34 hertz so it can hit them lows LOL. I tryed re audio calculator but its hard to get it tuned to 34 hertz.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

a 4" speaker? you'll be lucky if you hear 50 hertz from that thing. do you know the T/S parameters?

No I dont know anything bought the speaker what should I tune the box to?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

it becomes really difficult to build a box if you don't know the parameters. however, i would tune it to something on the low end (but within) the frequency range of the speaker.

does it say what kind of speaker it is? maybe you can google it to find some information

Well its not like its for a car it goes with the radio/amp in the basement and I want to build a nice box for it that is tuned.

this is the box I have now but it's tuned to I dont know LOL

Image21.jpg

Image22.jpg

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

im sorry but i cant tune if i don't know the capability of the speaker. what if i decide to tune it to a freq. it cannot handle?

you should try a bigger speaker. things will get more practical, then. try an 8"

it becomes really difficult to build a box if you don't know the parameters. however, i would tune it to something on the low end (but within) the frequency range of the speaker.

does it say what kind of speaker it is? maybe you can google it to find some information

its a clarion 090-0081-73 4 ohm peak 25 watts nom 8 watts

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

actually a speaker of that cone area, and build I was telling him to go with around 100hz, but seing that its just a paper whizer cone style, maybe 120-150 hz... that speaker isnt made for Anything really, free air or ported, really high Q speaker, high Fs

Iam sure

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived