Is 15.6v normal on stock?

i have a video for yall to watch and please tell me if this is ok. i know its high but is it too high? at full tilt on the btl 18 and two Audiopipe AP1500D's strapped @1.4ohm and wangin it never droppes below 15.4V. stock GM 140 Amp Alt. the video tells u everything. thanks.

Edited by kleinteich2

i was working on an 07 silverado tuesday that idled at 15.2 volts. maybe they're running new cars at higher voltage for better efficiency.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Damn your lucky but i dont think thats normal

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

i was working on an 07 silverado tuesday that idled at 15.2 volts. maybe they're running new cars at higher voltage for better efficiency.

it just started like 3 weeks ago. it used to idle at 14.5 and now its that. idk y.

Damn your lucky but i dont think thats normal

lol. it dont help to much as for giving me more power on the amps. the amps have a regulated power supply set at 12V. so no matter how many more volts i put through them the wont put out more power.I WANT MY MTX 1501D's BACK!!! lol

it just started like 3 weeks ago. it used to idle at 14.5 and now its that. idk y.

lol. it dont help to much as for giving me more power on the amps. the amps have a regulated power supply set at 12V. so no matter how many more volts i put through them the wont put out more power.I WANT MY MTX 1501D's BACK!!! lol

i see no vid :peepwall:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i see no vid :peepwall:

it up there. 1st post.

Your voltage regulator may be going bad. On really old cars they are an external device but on newer cars it's part of the internal workings of the alternator. You may want to have it looked at.

i thought that too. but if it was wouldnt the alt not be able to keep the voltage up at full tilt. i mean it dont drop below 15.4v. thats with headlights on high beams and ac on full blast. if it was going bad dont u think it would drop instantaneously from 15.6v to Bat resting voltage? it barely even budges. with what i thought would be a hell of a load.

i thought that too. but if it was wouldnt the alt not be able to keep the voltage up at full tilt. i mean it dont drop below 15.4v. thats with headlights on high beams and ac on full blast. if it was going bad dont u think it would drop instantaneously from 15.6v to Bat resting voltage? it barely even budges. with what i thought would be a hell of a load.

Not necessarily. As far as I know it can go either way. The problem is if you continue to push higher voltage like that it could damage your battery.