Wow seems like alt issues is americas new big problem... Ive been having alt issues for the last 8months.. Ive been thru 1 stock alt, and 2 H/O alts.. Ive wasted like $1200 bucks on alts and still no progress ...

Anyway i doubt its the belt usually the belt makes noise when loose/slipping.

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

The alt im running cuts out on me intermittently.

Will be fine one second then with no load (audio) it cuts out and im running on pure battery power.

Does it with no warning and goes straight from 14v+ to 12.7v.

Stays out for random amounts of time, the longest being 20 mins.

So far I have been told its due to belt slip.

I am running a 6 toothed belt and when playing hard with 10kw when the alt decides to work, my voltage doesnt drop below 13.3-4v. That leaves me to suspect it isn't belt slip.

Today I turned the car on and alt isnt out putting any voltage. Checked all wires, jiggled a few - still nothing. 30 mins of driving later - still nothing.

Opinions ?

(Note: I haven't named the manufacturers as this is a ongoing situation, I dont see the need to bad mouth someone for no reason hence the anonimity)

my old mechman did the same thing.. then one day it stopped charging completely turned out the voltgage regulator melted and some parts inside burned out.. they told me it was due to setting the external regular higher than what they come set to(14.6)

whats the use of an external regulator if u cant set it higher i had it set at (15.2) but in the end they gave me a full refund :drinks:

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Alpine cda 9886

4 AA Mayhem 15"s dual 1.4

1 Dc 9k

10.5 cubes tuned at 36hz

156.1 dash 154.6 meca mod 4 157.0 kick

2 xs power d3100s

mechman 270 amp

2011 Ca state champ meca modified 4 and p&p 4..

VIDEOS.............BUILD LOG

my old mechman did the same thing.. then one day it stopped charging completely turned out the voltgage regulator melted and some parts inside burned out.. they told me it was due to setting the external regular higher than what they come set to(14.6)

whats the use of an external regulator if u cant set it higher i had it set at (15.2) but in the end they gave me a full refund :drinks:

My alt from day one has never gone above 14.1v.

It was meant to be adjustable, it turned out it wasn't. Then got told the VCM will be out soon, still not out. Now alt does this.

It was meant to charge at 14.9 but never did I once see anything close to that even on cold days.

Im in the UK so its a PITA for me, but the UK distro is doing all he can to help me :).

in the morning my alt always doesnt work until the car gets fairly warm. its really confusing as to why it does. any ideas?

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry