alright me and my friend got some awsome idea

we are planing too put 2x fi btl 18 in too his room

now can somebody give me idea how too make thoose work ???

i know its maybe stupid idea but we cant resist :lol:

good luck too you.....

Im 99.9% sure you wont have a car amp to power both subs for 1. For 2, if you do have a huge amp, Im sure your not going to have a 12 volt electrical system to supply this amp enough amperage to power the subs even a little bit close to their rms.

So now you step up into a whole new game. Which means you'll be needing amps that are used in such places like roller rinks, clubs, dj's.

So for an example for cheap power this amp http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl~waGrou...~%5BcatGroup%5D

Behringer ep2500

And its rated at:

750 watts at 4 ohms (per channel)

500 watts at 8 ohms (per channel)

1200 watts at 2 ohms (per channel)

2400 watts bridged mono at 4 ohms

So if you got that amp, and got dual 2 ohm 18" btls you could run that amp 4 ohm mono and get a little more then the speakers rms wattage out of the amp. So you will need 2 of those amps to get the subs sounding decent. And them are just cheap amps btw, no where close to anything even considered low end.....

So your looking at $820.00 for subs, and at least $700.00 for amps. so $1520.00 for subs and amps...

Now dont forget that those amps, nor do any other pro audio amps use rca cords like car audio or home audio, so you got to buy cords and adapters to hook it all up.

You might as go ahead and buy a rack mount eq otherwise you are not going to be able to tune the amp. So for a cheap eq we will go with behringer again, and add another $80.00 to your total. http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl~waGrou...~%5BcatGroup%5D

And when you say you are planning on putting this into your friends room, Im assuming you guys are young and still live with the rents, and most likely have no cash...

And the mad scientist mr meade already did this with 4 18" fi bl's so check out his build log and videos here http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=4066

I have none wild things like that many times, BUT the only box style that will handle a really low power input with high out put design , is transmission line- 1/4 wave boxes. The advantage of that box design is basically the speaker moves freely in a free air set up, but the rear wave is directed in a manner that is super usefull, and that has a good spl.low freq extension yield over ported, bandpass, and like 10 times over sealed. I have ran 2000 watt 15s in my home running off of only 35 watt harman kardon amp,(yes 35, not 350 watt) And get pictures trying to shake off the walls in the furthest corners of the house, and when I used my 100w sub plate amp, you would get window flex easily.... So IT IS possible with 18s, but you would need to use a box design like the 1/4 wave horn/transmission line to see extreme results, with out spending almost $1000's on amps

Go to Subs/Boxs in the Forum here, and look at my Quarter wave tutorial and get an idea on the box design, you waont be dissapointed

And No you cant blow speakers by underpowering them, its impossible, but if you have a lousy amp, you can fry the amp, not the woofers, so check out quality too

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

it was 4 15s, but Iam sure the 4-18s was on accident

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.