Sonic Electronix

starting a new build on my 1998 dodge neon

for 100 dollars per amp you could get away with power acoustik or db drive

Sorry to intrude, is db drive or power acoustik reliable?

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

I would get different subs, amps and batteries.

x10000

your blowing 1200 just on amps that will shit on you, and for some reason i doubt that your friend can mod them... and if he does i doubt that they will even be able to handle the modds

the batts are wally world shit...

a wise ol mang once told me... SAVE YOUR FUCKING MONEY AND BUY SOMETHING NICE...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

go with a couple audiopipe ap1800's can strap them to in the future if you want, plus be a whole hell of alot cheaper than those piles of soder you want to use. Look at audioque amps as well @ www.audioque.com go to order to see prices. they are good amps and fairly cheap. If you want cheap 15's check out some american bass 15" dx's check www.caraudiodeals.com or ebay . they are only like 60 bucks apiece. and my question is, how much airspace do you have in your back seat. sure don't seem like it would be enough room for that many 15" subs. You have a lot better options is what i'm telling you, than the setup you are wanting to go with, for the same price, if not cheaper. Like less subs and a good ported box!! but good luck with it all, and do lots of research on this forum, you can/will learn quite a bit of useful info.

Edited by lance_98main

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

the Q power 15s i have go through alot on a daily basis. i really like them though i would love to get six powerbass 15s. i am going to get my amps modded formc a friend of mine that has a degree in electronic to bring them up to 1800 watts @ 1000 watts rms

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

well...one i would like to know where his degree in electronics is from, bestbuy? and i think youre too safe in your assumption the amp even puts out 1000, lol. i think you kind of need to do a bit more research. a lot of the stuff youre using for the build arent what you should be using, and are you set on using the neon for a build? maybe i misread the first post and you mean, you just bought a neon and you want to use it for your build.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Sorry to intrude, is db drive or power acoustik reliable?

more so than boss

i just bought a 1998 dodge neon for my new build, but i am trying to figure out how to install multiple alternators on the motor. i know i am going to do the big 3 upgrade as i begin my install. any advise or concerns you have about my install will be much appreciated. if you are curious, i am putting six Q power 15s in the back seat with twelve 1100 watt mono block Boss amps and six Interstate deep cycle batteries. this is why i am asking for as much info as i can get. thank you.

are you trying to wall the 15s? or just seat delete and 3 in the back 3 in the trunk? i would choose different subs (pioneer) and like everyone was saying, better amps. you dont need 1200 cheap amps, 2 awesome amps are better and more efficienct. pic of the engine bay to see the room youre working with? if you have a big enough battery reserve dont really need a dual alt. one big alternator with enough battery juice to supply your voltage. i would do,

8 pioneer championships 12s, http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20830_Pioneer_Premier_TS-W3002D4.aspx

the amps you might do good to look around the for sale section here or caraudiocalssifieds.org, or take a look at stetsom.

alternator is really your choice but you better make sure you can supply the electrical before committing to a large current draw. my personal advice. maybe a little smaller and just do 4 subs, give them some air to breathe, mount 2 amps in the trunk with the batteries.

going for a show system or a ugly as hell but sure does pound something mean set up?

we need more info man.....

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

well you aint got to be RUDE. i get the point. as a matter of fact there are some people out in the world that are barely getting by. DONT LAUGH AT ME because you have huge systems and i have to work 60 hours a week to afford what i can. if you want to laugh go somewhere else and be an ass there.

Edited by mrfraust01

MR. DEAKON FRAUST