Question on Fi reconing service?

chapo123

I just checked their site and it doesn't add shiping until you checkout. I'm really not sure about shipping. When I shipped mine Fedex would not insure them if they weren't in their original box.

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

The best way would be. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/73641-how-to-ship-a-subwoofer/ when you figure out how ship you sub make sure to include in the box with your sub, a copy of the invoice they send you after you pay for your order, your address, and email. Apparently not to many people include that info with their subs and they greatly appreciate it when you do

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Don't throw the thing in a box and pray it is going to get there. If you don't pack it properly it is going to get broken. DO NOT throw it in packaging peanuts in a single wall box. It's summer time...and a easy fix to ship something.

If you want, cut the soft parts out of it and remove the basket with an impact screwdriver. You can pick one of these up at harbor freight or something of that nature for under 10 bucks.

http://www.harborfreight.com/impact-screwdriver-set-with-case-37530.html

Cut the soft parts out, tape the gap up with clear packaging tape or duct tape and then remove the basket with that impact screw driver and a hammer. Make sure that you have the sub on the ground and knock the CA off of the screw heads before you try to even put the screw driver in the screw head..otherwise you are just going to strip them, and you could still strip them if you don't do it right.

Go to office depot, or something of that nature and get a 12 x 12 x 12 double wall box. Go to walmart and get 2 pool noodles, and go to home depot and pickup a piece of 7/16" OSB wood. You need to measure the inside diameter of the box and cut 2 pieces of wood to fit on the inside of that and make a sandwich out of the 2 pieces of wood and the motor.

If you do not want to cut the soft parts out and send the entire sub in, then you need to get a double wall 14x14x14 box, and make a crate out of the 7/16" OSB and 2x3's to support the sub so it doesn't get smashed and put a pool noodle around the edge of the basket (split the pool noodle like a sub at subway) against the 2x3's. (The box will need to be cut down as the legs need to be 1/2" taller then the surround is)

The 2x3's go in the corner of the packaging material with a screw up through the bottom...you should remember how it was packed from when you bought it.

Regardless, pack it right. If it get's broken you are up shit creek without a paddle because we are out of magnets until the end of the month..so we couldn't fix it until mid august at the very earliest.

Fyi, to date Mike is the ONLY person in 4 years who has actually followed our instructions..and sent woofers in how we asked (it's very simple). I called him and gave him a shirt...because it is nice to have somebody that actually reads and did what they were instructed to do...otherwise..this happens:

Build a crate, package it right. If it breaks you are paying for labor for us to fix it because it takes about 40 hours to bake a motor 2 times..we then have to handle parts that are 450 degrees and run the risk of burning the hell out of our hands in order to get the glue to de-bond if we have to fix a motor...again, we're out of magnets to fix it.

Pack it right, or don't waste your time.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Why don't you recone it yourself? Its really pretty easy. Save you time and shipping costs.

pretty scared to mess it up lol. im going to try and look around kansas city and see if anyone does recones. i just wanted to ship it off because i know Fi would be doing a good recone

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Don't throw the thing in a box and pray it is going to get there. If you don't pack it properly it is going to get broken. DO NOT throw it in packaging peanuts in a single wall box. It's summer time...and a easy fix to ship something.

If you want, cut the soft parts out of it and remove the basket with an impact screwdriver. You can pick one of these up at harbor freight or something of that nature for under 10 bucks.

http://www.harborfreight.com/impact-screwdriver-set-with-case-37530.html

Cut the soft parts out, tape the gap up with clear packaging tape or duct tape and then remove the basket with that impact screw driver and a hammer. Make sure that you have the sub on the ground and knock the CA off of the screw heads before you try to even put the screw driver in the screw head..otherwise you are just going to strip them, and you could still strip them if you don't do it right.

Go to office depot, or something of that nature and get a 12 x 12 x 12 double wall box. Go to walmart and get 2 pool noodles, and go to home depot and pickup a piece of 7/16" OSB wood. You need to measure the inside diameter of the box and cut 2 pieces of wood to fit on the inside of that and make a sandwich out of the 2 pieces of wood and the motor.

If you do not want to cut the soft parts out and send the entire sub in, then you need to get a double wall 14x14x14 box, and make a crate out of the 7/16" OSB and 2x3's to support the sub so it doesn't get smashed and put a pool noodle around the edge of the basket (split the pool noodle like a sub at subway) against the 2x3's. (The box will need to be cut down as the legs need to be 1/2" taller then the surround is)

The 2x3's go in the corner of the packaging material with a screw up through the bottom...you should remember how it was packed from when you bought it.

Regardless, pack it right. If it get's broken you are up shit creek without a paddle because we are out of magnets until the end of the month..so we couldn't fix it until mid august at the very earliest.

Fyi, to date Mike is the ONLY person in 4 years who has actually followed our instructions..and sent woofers in how we asked (it's very simple). I called him and gave him a shirt...because it is nice to have somebody that actually reads and did what they were instructed to do...otherwise..this happens:

Build a crate, package it right. If it breaks you are paying for labor for us to fix it because it takes about 40 hours to bake a motor 2 times..we then have to handle parts that are 450 degrees and run the risk of burning the hell out of our hands in order to get the glue to de-bond if we have to fix a motor...again, we're out of magnets to fix it.

Pack it right, or don't waste your time.

Thanks again for the shirt! I'm loving the 18s :)

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

question.. good news i found someone that can recone it here locally for 60 bucks. thats prob how much shipping was oging to be anyways LOL now when i get the recone from Fi do they send the gasket that goes around the sub?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

I'm pretty sure if you order a basket with your recone they'll send a gasket with it

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

Archived