Ok you guys i just drove home from a buddys house. Today i was going to replace the oil pan gasket, and oil change. Well the gasket is on hole untill we can get a better look tomorrow. Well coming home i noticed that my oil presure was at 0. When i stepped on the gas it went all the way up to 80. Before at idle it was at 30 then on the gas around 50.

When i took off the oil filter i bumped the connector right next to the oil filter which my buddy said sent the reading to the gauge. So could that be causing the crazy ass reading? Also is it normal for the oil filter to leak for the first little bit?

vehicle is a 93 jeep grand cherokee with the 4.0 straight 6

When i took off the oil filter i bumped the connector right next to the oil filter which my buddy said sent the reading to the gauge. So could that be causing the crazy ass reading?

Very possible. Those sending units have a pretty high failure rate.

But the right way to diag this is to screw a manual gauge in where the sending unit screws in and get a pressure reading at idle/under load. If it's ok, slap a new sending unit in there.

Also is it normal for the oil filter to leak for the first little bit?

No. Are you sure you're not seeing residual oil left over from the filter removal?

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

make sure yu didnt double gasket the filter because yu could end up buying a new engine. just saying.

Car: 2003 Lincoln Town Car

Subs: 2 MTX 8512-44

Amp: MTX TA7801

Power: Stock Alt/Battery

Wire: 0 Gauge Stinger Power/Ground

HU: Dual XDVD8181 7" Monitor

Other: 2 Farad Power Acoustik Power Cap

Automotive Technician at Bryden Motors, Beloit WI

Ok guys i just went and checked and the thing that broke is round with what looks like plastic on the end and a spring under it (my buddy said thats it)

Also i believe that the oil i am seeing on the new filter my be from where i spilled some last night (spilled the old oil right when it came unscrewed)

This is my first oil change on this jeep and BOY was that oil nasty... Also i got some white smoke coming from the oil fill and dipstick. Its either blowby or blown head gasket so i am going to get some lucas oil stablizer to help out and take it to my buddy when he gets home!

New oil presure switch is like $28

I have a 2001 cherokee sport with Inline 6 with 147k on it...If it quit leaking,rattling and smoking I would be scared!!!!!LOL!!!!!

boyd4.jpg?t=1269745309

Dual DC Power 270XP's

One XS Power S3400

Four XS Power D3100's

Soundigital 12kd

Four DC Audio 15XL's

Atomic 504

Kicker Mid's and High's

One SoftTop Jeep Wrangler

TNESPL-152.5

DB DRAG-153.2

ON THE ROAD TO "55"

I have a 2001 cherokee sport with Inline 6 with 147k on it...If it quit leaking,rattling and smoking I would be scared!!!!!LOL!!!!!

I told my mom the same THING! my 93 has 183xxx on it