Sonic Electronix

Okay...Amplifier keeps kicking off, voltage keeps dropping at the amp with the volume down, car's alt reads 14.36, battery reads 14.36, back near the amp 12.2, and sometimes will drop as low as 8 and the amp kicks off around 11. What are some guesses for the problem?

The car was recently in the shop at the dealer and they disconnected the battery and damaged a capacitor I had in the car but I took that out, is there a chance they could have damaged the amp out of negligence when they disconnected the battery? I have also checked the ground and it's all good.

Thanks.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

sounds like a bad connection. the amp could be damaged and some circuit is stuck closed but it shouldnt only have low voltage at the amp, it should be across the system. i would also guess that the back battery could be damaged. disconnect the amp and measure the voltage at the end of the wires that go in the amp. or just disconnect the back battery and measure it. might need to let it sit for an hour.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Alright I measured just the wire to ground without the amp and it was reading 14.2v I made a diagram of the way I have things set up currently with a brand new capacitor (Acura service paid for it so take it for free)

Everything reads at ~14, then when the amp is on it immediately drops to 12 without music or anything, and often will even drop down so low the amp will shut off.

ztmdw.jpg

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

measure the resistance of the power wire, one test probe on the battery pos. one on the amp pos. set to the diode tester function.

Should be almost 0 ohms.

EDIT: wait, it only does it when the amp is on? Is it a class A or AB amp?

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

measure the resistance of the power wire, one test probe on the battery pos. one on the amp pos. set to the diode tester function.

Should be almost 0 ohms.

EDIT: wait, it only does it when the amp is on? Is it a class A or AB amp?

Only when the amp is on and it's a Class D, and yeah the resistivity is near 0 ohms in the wire, it seems like the amp is just drawing more current without even playing music and being inefficient which leads me to think it got damaged and a circuit may be cooked

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

Alright just a follow up of what the hell was happening here Acura had a local shop install the new capacitor that Acura bought me after cooking the old one...little did I know they for some reason thought they didn't have enough wire and very jankly extended the wire here's a quick picture and I changed it all out today for some knu 1/0 and it works perfectly fine.

4r6wyh.jpg

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

^ wow wtf they really installed the wire looking like that?

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.