The loudest 2x 18" in the world

wait what!? say for example you're hitting a 150.0 with your exact setup and you add another 15" xl, you will automatically be hitting a 153.0? I think you have your facts mixed up

First of all, I do not remember putting those smilies there? lol

Second, most people here aren't doing a 150. This is a far stretched out rule of thumb typically made to those looking to make what they have a little louder. Double the cone are, or double the power, it will be audibly 3db louder. The authenticity of this statement I am now questioning, but it has been all I have heard for the last few years. :ehh:

The real point of that previous statement really being, yes, this was done with only two 18"s. Yes it is VERY impressive. But I do not feel that it is enough to dismiss the fact to typical car audio enthusiasts that adding power or cone area is the way to go in most cases.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Ughh...stupid comments. Obviously, some of you know NOTHING about extreme vehicles.

Congrats Rip Rock!

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

wait what!? say for example you're hitting a 150.0 with your exact setup and you add another 15" xl, you will automatically be hitting a 153.0? I think you have your facts mixed up

Its not quite exact, but if you had a 10" on 2000 watts and a 18" on the same power in optimum enclosures, the 18 will provide more cone area, therefore it will most likely seem louder. Pretty much the same concept of doubling the cone area.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

I still cant believe we have all these threads on this forum, yet there are still this many R-tards..

WTF people.

Read, then read more..... Then maybe ask a question..

Until then, STFU

Why do you post bullshit, just to make a post?

Make sure you know what the F*** you are talking about, before you start typing.

P.S. Rip Rock.. Great fucking score guys.

Keep getting busy.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Funny comments ahaha love this kind of threads!! Great score riprock, get some more SD´s in there :peepwall:

And like twisted said, DD and SD FTMW!!! i own them both :drinks::yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived