Oscope?

i have been looking into them for a while just trying to find a good one for a good price

saw a thread with a link to this one

http://www.testextra.com/tpi/pages/tpi_440_1mhz_handheld_oscilloscope_true_rms_dmm.htm

i have never used an oscope but it seems very simple and worth it to fine tune your system

i have nothing tuned in my car

i have a alpine 9886 headunit

two 4 channel amps

and 4 sub amps

and i have no clue if any of it is clipping :shrug:

would this be a good buy to do what i need to do?

also if i do order it is there anything else i need to order with it??

thanks! :good:

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Hopefully it's my thread you saw it in, as I would love to recommend them and send them business since their customer service was incredible.As some one that has worked with a few Vellemans and the TPI 440, I feel that the 440 is a better buy.It is not just a scope, but also a DMM as well, and a darn accurate one at that.Since it is all built in to the same hand-held device, you don't have to worry about going back and forth grabbing multiple units or anything like that for a lot of projects.The TPI also has a backlight option for use when it is dark, which is extremely convenient.A $285 investment is well worth it to protect a few grand in amps and speakers, and you can also always charge your buddies $20 to tune each of their units, amps, EQs ;)

Oh yeah, hit up Ebay and buy one of these: Autosound 2000 104 You can use this to tune all your amps.

Hopefully it's my thread you saw it in, as I would love to recommend them and send them business since their customer service was incredible.As some one that has worked with a few Vellemans and the TPI 440, I feel that the 440 is a better buy.It is not just a scope, but also a DMM as well, and a darn accurate one at that.Since it is all built in to the same hand-held device, you don't have to worry about going back and forth grabbing multiple units or anything like that for a lot of projects.The TPI also has a backlight option for use when it is dark, which is extremely convenient.A $285 investment is well worth it to protect a few grand in amps and speakers, and you can also always charge your buddies $20 to tune each of their units, amps, EQs ;)

Oh yeah, hit up Ebay and buy one of these: Autosound 2000 104 You can use this to tune all your amps.

yes sir it was your thread :good:

ive looked into them im for sure going to be investing in it

and that cd does it have the tones i will need?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

yes sir it was your thread :good:

ive looked into them im for sure going to be investing in it

and that cd does it have the tones i will need?

It's one of those things that you'll put off for a long time because it's expensive, but you'll kick yourself in the head once you get once because of how long you waited to get such a great, useful tool.

You will find that that CD has the majority of the tracks that you will need to set all sorts of amps for different applications, i.e. subwoofers, midbass, midrange, vocals, tweeters, etc.This is the CD Bryan Schmitt recommends using when tuning amps with an oscilloscope for most applications at his training sessions.

Archived