Having Some CRAZY Electrical Problems!

ok so my saturn is starting to piss me off... last week i had just the stock 90 amp alt, and a xs 2400d, big 3 done in all 1/0 knu...

so i think its bipolar, because some days it will charge perfectly to 14.4... and then some days it will never go above 13.8 and thats after me charging it up to 4k rpms....

so i thought i would help the cause and put in the stock batt in the back just to help out maybe .1-.2 volts... thats not the case. now it WILL NOT go above 13.6 charging up to 6-7k rpms.... it has a pretty damn good ground, and im just stumped...

So do i need a new alt? a VCM? or new batts?

ANY help would be sooo appreciated.

thanks

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

It may be the heat, It it warmer then normal. I know here it was 98 today when normally its like 85 and i seen a 1.5 volt difference.

It may be the heat, It it warmer then normal. I know here it was 98 today when normally its like 85 and i seen a 1.5 volt difference.

i quess that is a good idea, the engine bay was pretty damn hot when i was doing all of this... ill try agian tonight when it cools down

24v1fe8.png

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Yea try that. I know that after my exhaust manifold started to leak my voltage also dropped about .5 volts because there was a little extra heat built up in the engine compartment.

Mine charges at 14.1 with nothing running but after i run my subs for a while it only charges to 13.8 with all stock electrical. With a stock alt its normal bro..temp can also affect bats

Edit: You're also straining the alt with that 2500wrms amp..

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

get that stock battery out of the car. its venting poison. the alt maxes out around 2k rpm so revving to 7k rpm is only hurting your engine.

a VCM will help with this problem but as the others said, its probably the heat.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Mine charges at 14.1 with nothing running but after i run my subs for a while it only charges to 13.8 with all stock electrical. With a stock alt its normal bro..temp can also affect bats

Edit: You're also straining the alt with that 2500wrms amp..

yea i think 3,300 rms kinda hurts alittle <_<

get that stock battery out of the car. its venting poison. the alt maxes out around 2k rpm so revving to 7k rpm is only hurting your engine.

a VCM will help with this problem but as the others said, its probably the heat.

haha are you serious?

and its a saturn... nothing will hurt its engine :rofl:

ill see if the heat does anything, if not ill try a VCM

24v1fe8.png

haha are you serious?

and its a saturn... nothing will hurt its engine :rofl:

ill see if the heat does anything, if not ill try a VCM

yes im serious... the stock battery is a vented lead acid battery correct? what part of lead acid venting into your car sounds good?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yes im serious... the stock battery is a vented lead acid battery correct? what part of lead acid venting into your car sounds good?

Hes right man, why do you think that most car battery's have those vents, that is why battery's made for car audio application dont have those vents.