Second Skin Audio

What will yield the highest SPL?

Exactly

i love this guy, he always agrees with me lol :friends:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

haha the team bassick motto "put a 12k on it and itll be loud"

i dont see how my theory could be wrong. if you have 4 guys carrying a 300lbs log, and another group of 6 guys carrying a 300lbs log, who will be able to carry it the longest? its the same concept. :shrug:

But what if the 4 guys are body builders, andthe 6 guys are little fairy boys????

Just saying........

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

But what if the 4 guys are body builders, andthe 6 guys are little fairy boys????

Just saying........

If wattage is the muscle then the 6 12's has 50% more muscle then the 4 15's. I am not concerned with needing another 1200 watts of power. It is easier to add amps then build a box for bigger subs when given only so much room for an enclosure.

Thank you for all the replies. I wish I had the resources to test this theory.

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

Just saying........

but they are the same subs with the same amount of power to each sub so every guy is the same strength. i was going to specify equal strength but i thought that would have been obvious.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

2 12's and a stick of dynamite : )

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

2 12's and a stick of dynamite : )

Any other opinions?

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

6 12s if you do it right, 4 15s will be easier to get loud but 6 12s have more potential.

Larger sub = lower Fs so tuning comes into it.

I'm assuming those subs have damn near the same motor on the 12s and the 15s.

6 motors and 6 coils = 50% more motor force than 4 motors with 4 coils :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

For the purpose of this thread I am going to use RE's SEX Subs as an example.

Subs are rated for 600 watts RMS. So lets assume we are going to feed each sub 600 watts of power. Now if you look at the cone area of 4 15's versus 6 12's the 15 inch subs yield a little more surface area. However you will have 3600 watts RMS with 6 12's versus 2400 watts RMS with 4 15's. So assuming both enclosures are optimal for each sub combos and tuned for the same frequency which will peform better?

Thanks in Advance.

The 12's will have more cumulated cone area and more wattage going to them. The 6 - 12's will be louder.

For the purpose of this thread I am going to use RE's SEX Subs as an example.

Subs are rated for 600 watts RMS. So lets assume we are going to feed each sub 600 watts of power. Now if you look at the cone area of 4 15's versus 6 12's the 15 inch subs yield a little more surface area. However you will have 3600 watts RMS with 6 12's versus 2400 watts RMS with 4 15's. So assuming both enclosures are optimal for each sub combos and tuned for the same frequency which will peform better?

Thanks in Advance.

The 12's will have more cumulated cone area and more wattage going to them. The 6 - 12's will be louder.

6 * 12 = 72 (12's have more cone surface.) I thought every 3" of cone surface yeilded a decible.

4 * 15 = 60

4 * 600 = 2400w

6 * 600 = 3600w (12's have more output potential than the 15's.)

Archived