Sundown Audio

Sundown SAZ 2000 vs 2 12" Treo SSi; Yes or no?

JoshAndrews

Alright so my buddy just destroyed his Audiobahn 1200 watt amp (went into protective mode, I dunno what else he did but now it's absolute toast. I told him sundown is the way to go, and since we have the same subs, I told him sundown about my plan of getting a Sundown 2000D to run @ 1 ohm and suggested he do the same.

The two Treos are rated for 750 RMS a piece (total=1500 watts), but I know they can take more, especially if it's clean power from a Sundown; I'm just not sure how much more. I've seen people powering their SSis off 1250 daily, but I don't know if that's such a good idea. I don't want to get the 1500D because then I feel like we'd end up cranking the gains and clipping our subs all too hell.

So my question is, would the 2000D be a good choice? Should I get it just so I can keep my gains lower so they get a cleaner signal? Could these handle an even bigger amp?

Any help is appreciated

Team Flex Issues

'96 Mazda B4000

HeadUnit:Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Mids:4 Pioneer 6x8s

Tweets:4 Pioneer Tweeters, 2 Polk Audio Tweeters

Subs:3 15" American Bass HD 15s; Wall in progress.

Amplifier:Hifonics BXi 1608(temporary)

Stock Alt

Stock Battery

1/0 Power, Ground, Big 3.

i think sundown discontinued the 2000d you could get a 2500 though and it would power them nice just make sure you ahve the electrical and nice signals and such you seem like you know about clipping and such just make sure you know what your doing and you should be just fine

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

i think sundown discontinued the 2000d you could get a 2500 though and it would power them nice just make sure you ahve the electrical and nice signals and such you seem like you know about clipping and such just make sure you know what your doing and you should be just fine

Yeah that's what I heard too about the discontinuing, but someone on here told me about a site called like db-r electronics or something that sells Incriminator audio, stetsom, and Sundown. They have a lot of sundown's new stuff along with old stuff and also some CHEAP refurbs with good warranties. I mean like I can get the 1500D from them with a warranty for 350 shipped, not sure on the 2000 though.

I figured I would try to pick something up for relatively cheap so if it doesn't work out, I didn't lose too much, you know?

Thanks for the suggestions bro

Team Flex Issues

'96 Mazda B4000

HeadUnit:Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Mids:4 Pioneer 6x8s

Tweets:4 Pioneer Tweeters, 2 Polk Audio Tweeters

Subs:3 15" American Bass HD 15s; Wall in progress.

Amplifier:Hifonics BXi 1608(temporary)

Stock Alt

Stock Battery

1/0 Power, Ground, Big 3.

turning the gains doesnt automatically mean clipping. it means make sure youre setting the gains correctly. sometimes lower power closer to a range with a gains set correctly can sound really nice.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived