Started My Door Panels

Started my panels this weekend. My brother did the fiberglassing since he's atleast had a little experience with it. I'll give it a shot with the drivers side though. Shit load of sanding and sanding and sanding and some more sanding tomorrow we should have the passenger done :D used 1/2" MDF doubled up since we didn't have the tools to do the 3/4" flush mount correctly. Here ya go.

Stock

7001a616.jpg

Test fit and it really hurts to cut your car up :(

174ca025.jpg

First coat resin

0a8a6614.jpg

Second/third

cfb0e688.jpg

Test fit after 4/5 coat of fiberglass. Used a shirt to form the back

05139fbb.jpg

Going to have plexiglass over the Xovers when done

1757ef25.jpg

1st coat of filler

9c87bc34.jpg

This is after sanding the filler and priming then sanding

054d06ff.jpg

This is after the next coat of primer and sanding

f126d81c.jpg

And here's when we called it a night.

9bf0f09d.jpg

Weather sucked all weekend on and off with rain but I'm pretty happy with how they're coming along. They will be aimed more towards the floor but it's the only way I could. Didn't have space to angle them up and this is barely making it as it is. More sanding and some finishing paint I'll get pics up in a day or two of this one.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

y 2 post?

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

they look good, for a sec i was wondering if u where doing the fiber glass all the way across and not only around the speakers, i like it so far. ill check to see the finished product :good:

how does it blend into the upper right hand corner in that pic ^^^^ the part where its just the plastic of the door panel? did u use filler on that flat part too?

Just using filler and paint to try and "smooth" the transition from the glass to plastic. It's a little rougher up close but not too bad. It will look good enough plus the door is shut 99.8% of the time and won't be seen so I won't lose sleep over it.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

All done with the hard work now. They have primer right now and I will probably go over with 4-500 grit before I paint them. All that needs done is to take the dremel to the speaker holes to smooth them out and then cut the extra glass hanging around the edges. Hopefully can get this installed by Thursday and start the drivers door. I work two jobs and only have a hour in between to do work on these so my brother has done a lot this week for me. Here's his text he sent me "there done. The only way they could get any better is if they were mine" I really LOL at this. Haha.

f13f20da.jpg

911e3b1b.jpg

cc19d4dd.jpg

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Archived