TheycallmeJT Posted July 19, 2010 Report Posted July 19, 2010 Alright guys. This may be a little on the dumb side but I wanna know so its done right. When running just straight midbass/midrange off the amp which filter is best. I'm pretty positive highpass but maybe I'm just thinkin too much. Thinkin that midbass would be low pass. I'm wanting to run two sets of components off the front channels and 4 midbass off the rear channels. Any help would be great just so I'm clear on everything
huh?do-what? Posted July 19, 2010 Report Posted July 19, 2010 Alright guys. This may be a little on the dumb side but I wanna know so its done right. When running just straight midbass/midrange off the amp which filter is best. I'm pretty positive highpass but maybe I'm just thinkin too much. Thinkin that midbass would be low pass. I'm wanting to run two sets of components off the front channels and 4 midbass off the rear channels. Any help would be great just so I'm clear on everything i think you need a high and low pass together. In my car, I have the mids crossed over on a high pass at eighty hz, and a low pass at 4000 hz. God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.
TheycallmeJT Posted July 19, 2010 Author Report Posted July 19, 2010 So you have yours set up on "full"? Not high or low?
rocknwoo Posted July 19, 2010 Report Posted July 19, 2010 No his actually doing bandpass. So your trying to go active if so you need to bandpass the mids and highpass the tweets. For example for your mids you could HP at 80hz and LP at 3khz and for your tweets HP at 3khz just an example. If your amp doesn't have a bandpass you need to get a xover that does bandpass. Hope that helps
Beanz Posted July 19, 2010 Report Posted July 19, 2010 well first of all what kind of amp do oyu have>? That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
TheycallmeJT Posted July 20, 2010 Author Report Posted July 20, 2010 i must be an idiot and not catchin onto this stuff..for BEANZ right now i have a hifonics zxi4408 but will probably be switching to a hypnotic z180.4..i dunno if im just not understanding things of what..im wantin to redo the inside speakers first..ive got 2 diff sets of components..a set of eclipse and set of massive..im wantin to fiberglass more sets into the front doors and rear deck but wanna know if i should just stick wit components or do components and a set of some midbass..like some seleniums or something
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.